- ask away
dj-fille
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

New here from Belgium

Post by dj-fille »

Hi there,

I just registered on the forum.
Would like to introduce me,my name is Philippe, i'm 42, from Belgium and i produce New Beat :)
Yes New Beat, as the same music from 25 to 30 years ago...
I would like to know if there is interest in this particular sound again as i try to revive that oldskool sound.
I've created a page on Fb where people can contribute new oldskool newbeat, if someone's interested the page is here: https://www.facebook.com/newbeat2016/
If you're interested in some of my music, you will find it on youtube or my fb page.
Here is an example of my music :)

Looking forward to your reactions and i hope i can have a good time here on the forum in the future...
Regards
Phil,
Q'pnz Techno Productions
Lance Mountain
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: New here from Belgium

Post by Lance Mountain »

Graaf :-D

Completely my kind of stuff. I 'm not that skilled at all but would love to be able to make music like that.
But I think it sounds more industrial then new beat :)
Anyway - love the video.
dj-fille
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by dj-fille »

Lance Mountain wrote:Graaf :-D

Completely my kind of stuff. I 'm not that skilled at all but would love to be able to make music like that.
But I think it sounds more industrial then new beat :)
Anyway - love the video.
Thx!
yes this one is more EBM, but i have some really new beat tunes also... ;)
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

That's a cool vid, I had no idea what you meant in terms of music when I first saw your post. Some of that track reminds me of stuff like 'Blue Pearl - Naked In The Rain' - Used to love that tune. Other aspects remind me of some earlier illegal rave venues from back in the day. I gotta say, I like your vocal delivery, you have a punk-ish / new romanticism / Happy Mondays type thing going on. Cool !

Far removed from what I do and generally listen to but enjoyed that and great to see an obvious amount of passion ...
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

Happy New Year and welcome to the forum! Yes I think there will always be an opening for that type of music. the original retro pop culture... original energy always finds it's way back around over an over... thanks for sharing your music from the start.