Would anyone like to collab with me?

- ask away
PR1000
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Would anyone like to collab with me?

Post by PR1000 »

Hey man

Im interested in collaborations with you or anyone who produces deep house

im producing for 10 years now and i have a Label for 3 or 4

All welcome :D
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Cool, thanks for getting in touch guys. :)

Here's what's going on at the minute with me. I've had a few messages via Soundcloud off different people asking about certain tracks or jams / ideas with a view on submitting finished versions of those and other material, so what I've decided to do, is to focus on doing exactly that for the time running up to Christmas and see how that pans out. I've messaged people back on here saying this and would like to leave those collab offers open as something which can happen in the new year. If that fits ok, great but I'm focussing on being in the box ( Ableton ) for compatibility / speed and to streamline myself and get into a productive workflow to get some individual material completed in these months running up to Xmas...:)

It's nice to have a production vibe again after I lost interest for a long time and didn't have any focus or even a sense of what kind of music I actually wanted to make - so I didn't make any. Now I'm getting too many ideas and just not enough time. Sods law aint it lol
syndisastr
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by syndisastr »

Fat sounds, really like your soundcloud stuff, keep posting !
Newton's third law. You gotta leave something behind.
https://soundcloud.com/mathdb5
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Keep at it AK! You've got great sounding stuff... Two things...

You probably need less arrangement than you think. Something that has helped me was to make an arrangement map of some of my favorite tracks. Using ableton, load in a track. Y your favorite producer and start drawing in using empty midi lips where all the sounds are. When the drums change up, when the synths come in, change ups. Anything that helps one picture the arrangement in their own mind. First time I did this my arrangement skills doubled and I was able to get my tracks completed. :)

The more you get down with finishing these cuts the easier it will become. Give yourself an hour to do the arrangement. And you'll be suprised how fast you start moving against the clock.

Amazing sounding music btw.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

hydrogen wrote:Keep at it AK! You've got great sounding stuff... Two things...

You probably need less arrangement than you think. Something that has helped me was to make an arrangement map of some of my favorite tracks. Using ableton, load in a track. Y your favorite producer and start drawing in using empty midi lips where all the sounds are. When the drums change up, when the synths come in, change ups. Anything that helps one picture the arrangement in their own mind. First time I did this my arrangement skills doubled and I was able to get my tracks completed. :)

The more you get down with finishing these cuts the easier it will become. Give yourself an hour to do the arrangement. And you'll be suprised how fast you start moving against the clock.

Amazing sounding music btw.
Thanks bro, I have heard of people using this approach, wouldn't mind giving it a go at some point. I don't come from a DJ background and it's my opinion that DJ guys have a better flow with arragements.

I thought I was going to have more time on my hands but I just didn't/don't. I am away from home a lot, sometimes only getting a few days a month even to do music. This is where I get frustrated because I come in with fresh ideas but should really use that time to develop previous ones but it's hard to choose that if you do a jam and get in a bit of flow. Due to time constraints, jams end up as just that and not a lot more. It's been like this for some time now for me but there's not much I can do about it until I am at home more.

Hopefully that might happen soon and I'll spend less time away, there's nothing worse than having a passion for something but then not being able to realise your own potential and ideas due to other commitments.... :(