Ghost written tracks

- ask away
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Ghost written tracks for sale

Post by pheek »

I really need to revise my way to make money in this ballgame :?
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mo's taverne »

pheek wrote:I really need to revise my way to make money in this ballgame :?
mmmh, seems so. haven`t released something yet, but 600 pound per track seems alot more than you would get by selling some vinyls plus some download the regular way (as for an quite average deephouse release, which is the music i heard via his soundcloud).

how does this compare to your sales Pheek? (btw. i`m a long time supporter of your music & label)
...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
Feelthis
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Feelthis »

In general, the way you make money is through gigs, you start releasing music on more established labels, you get more gigs and your gig fees go up.
Some of the music we've sold has been already been picked up by some big labels in the house scene.

Sometimes people simply need a track or two to complete their EP. Other times people have bought a track and added some elements of their own, like a vocal, on top.
Clapshot
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Clapshot »

Feels kinda wrong to me… the old keep it real yada yada.. I would feel ashamed in front of myself if my career would be built on ghost written music.
Feelthis
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Feelthis »

You'd be surprised by the amount of people who buy ready made music. Each to their own.
Clapshot
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Clapshot »

Sad story bro.
akseltone
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by akseltone »

same. Lets say many ppl do it, lets say i you wanna be famous, you " want to appear" who your're not. I think it all comes down to core values, of respect and self appreciation. Music you made for someone else, that will claim its theirs, doesn't connect in any way. It is the same issue as dj's w pre recorded sets or w/e. It is a problem in music industry, and it needs to be rooted out. It is mainly used in commercial music, and to bring it or have it in underground scene is just pure disrespect, for the people that do what they love, for the people that appreciate what we do. it's like mp3 in musical world, - garbage. This culture would b better off, w/o people that put so much value on money and all the bs associated w that. my 2c, gl
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

I'd call this cheating. Simple as that. This industry is fucked up. Is it it really all just about being famous and making money ??? I couldn't watch in the mirror anymore. Sorry sir, but for me YOU are a BIG part of the problems in the music scene.

Don't buy shoes that doesn't fit, just saying.