Software drum machine/sampler w/ step sequencer?

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Software drum machine/sampler w/ step sequencer?

Post by AK »

I have been using Redrum for years now, rewired to Ableton but I'd like to get away from fiddly stuff and rewire and wondered what would suit me best as a replacement for Reasons Redrum? It's all I use Reason for now and although I love the style of Redrum, the hassle and brain mess it causes me is not creative.

I don't know what's out there but ideally, something which loads samples, has a step sequencer, has multiple outs. Well that's the basics anyway.

Cheers...
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Software drum machine/sampler w/ step sequencer?

Post by Mono-xID »

MicroTonic...by far the best software drum machine...
elk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by elk »

if you're on OSX check out Elektroid by AudioSpillage: http://www.audiospillage.com/elecktroid.html

I started out on Reason, but have been using Ableton for the past 2 years now (mainly because we use Ableton and Pro Tools in my college). I have just recently gone back to Reason and I love it!! there's just something really unexplainably awesome about Redrum...
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Why don't you try giving abletons impulse a try? or making a cool drum rack that does the same thing?

Impulse is often an overlooked plugin that is really simple just like the redrum. The only thing its missing is the pitch modulation on the toms and maybe the flamming feature. but everything else is there and more.

Sequencing is even easier... just have to transpose your brain to use a clip which you can sequence 8 sounds at once instead of only one. :) Switch it to 16beat grid... hit control+B and your basically using the same thing.

If you really need a step sequencer... there may be some max4live patches that do it.

Missing conversations like this on the board. Cheers AK!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

hydrogen wrote:
Missing conversations like this on the board. Cheers AK!
Me too mate! :(

Sticking with Redrum.....
Toloache
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Toloache »

dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

hm, i as far as i understand he is looking for a solution with the ability to load his own samples ?! Not a drum synth thats not the same!!

i think you can use fx pansion geist oder guru.

another nice but also a little bit fiddly like approach is this: http://www.contralogic.com/vst-plugins/rps-1/ together with kontakt or simpler/sampler even NN-XT or NN19
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

I really like the Simpler in Ableton and the Ableton (not live9!) browser. I find it easier than any floating windows of plugins etc...

I guess the only thing missing would be a sequencer. Have you got max4live? There are a few good drum sequencers on there...
Or I might be able to knock one up out of midi racks? What version of live are you using?