LFO rhythms

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

LFO rhythms

Post by AK »

I'm using LFO's to try and create pulsating rhythmic chords. A good example is this track by Delano Smith

It comes in right away. Anyway, that kind of thing. Apart from tricky LFO settings, what else could I try to get a similar feel. I'm pretty lazy and would rather have something do it for me that drawing in envelopes in a piano roll but I'm sure I'm doing it the hard way. I'd welcome any suggestions....
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: LFO rhythms

Post by AK »

Thanks, yeah I was trying to do it with the wrong type of synth, I used one which reset the LFO on every triggered note......
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

AK wrote:Thanks, yeah I was trying to do it with the wrong type of synth, I used one which reset the LFO on every triggered note......
:D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

doesnt sound like an LFO to me mate.
it just sounds like a filter envelope with a slow attack on each note
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

steevio wrote:doesnt sound like an LFO to me mate.
it just sounds like a filter envelope with a slow attack on each note
Hey man, how's it going? :) Interesting, I've not tried something like that, I'll be sure to experiment. Obviously, as always, there's more than one way to skin a cat and I came about with something I liked by using an LFO on the AMP env with a delay on the time the LFO kicked in and then another LFO modulating the speed of the first LFO - which also has a delay on that before it kicked in. Left too long it went a bit haywire and lost its groove but for the duration of the sustained notes it worked fine.

( PS - like your most recent clips, came across a post on Facebook, wicked stuff man! )
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

thanks bro

it could probably be done lots of ways. it sounds simple to me. maybe no resonace on the filter or envelope on both filter and VCA

you coming to the party this year ?, if you're skint, be my guest mate
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

PM sent :)
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

to determine the length in seconds of a bar or beat (this is especially useful in syncing an effect modulation to the tempo):

120 / BPM of Track = length of one beat

to get triplets multiply this by 0.333333, 0.66666, or 1.3333333
if an effect is modulating too fast or slow, you can multiply and divide the beat length by powers of 2.