Freerotation 2013

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Freerotation 2013

Post by AK »

First off, I must say I was gutted to have to miss this years Freerotation Festival, last year was my first one and the missus and I loved it and vowed to go this year but a new car put us out of pocket...... -squint

Anyway, as some sort of lame-ass compromise, I have been trawling Youtube for anything that may have been uploaded. So far, I have found Magic Mountain High and Steevio, does anyone know if there's any more listening/viewing material about?

Incidently, Steevio/anyone? - I have found part 2 and 4 videos of your live set but cannot see part 1 or 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvbplNHZzGU are they about? Sounds great, really diggin part 2 :)

It was roasting hot that weekend, you guys must have been seriously hot.......
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Freerotation 2013

Post by steevio »

hi mate,

i havent really been looking yet, so you probably know more than me.
We havent uploaded the other parts of the live set yet, because we are deciding which tracks to put out on vinyl right now. That pt2 might be one of them, but we didnt want to give it all away before the vinyl comes out.

make sure you give me a shout next year before the tickets run out, if you are struggling to afford it again,

peace
Steevio
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

in addition to the above I stumbled across this recording of Surgeon's ambient set, which is very very nice I must say.

No dreary industrial drones, just colourful, uplifting psychedelia.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

that was probably the best ambient set that anyone has ever played, actually, and really important innovation to have a dedicated ambient space... needs a sign up tho... 'no 4/4 in this room, please'
Last edited by oblioblioblio on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

maybe could have used a bit more Coil though...
Last edited by oblioblioblio on Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

really loved the stuff I heard from Steevio... i always seem to be near dead on sunday tho... no idea where you got the energy from for your set.
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

I've been wanting to go for years. Haven't made it so far but I'm sure if i asked around enough I could find a way to get invited, hopefully see some of you next year!
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

yeah Obli, Surgeon's quote says it all... great set.

Also I remembered this goodie: http://www.discogs.com/Magic-Mountain-H ... se/4715745

I dont know if the B-side is live (if so, amaaaazeballs) but the A-side is really nice house