Freerotation 2013

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Freerotation 2013

Post by steevio »

simonb wrote:I've been wanting to go for years. Haven't made it so far but I'm sure if i asked around enough I could find a way to get invited, hopefully see some of you next year!
i'll invite you mate
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

simonb wrote:I've been wanting to go for years. Haven't made it so far but I'm sure if i asked around enough I could find a way to get invited, hopefully see some of you next year!
hey mate, it's not some secret society or anything. You don't need to be invited, god forbid............... :D
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

steevio wrote:hi mate,

i havent really been looking yet, so you probably know more than me.
We havent uploaded the other parts of the live set yet, because we are deciding which tracks to put out on vinyl right now. That pt2 might be one of them, but we didnt want to give it all away before the vinyl comes out.

make sure you give me a shout next year before the tickets run out, if you are struggling to afford it again,

peace
Steevio
Cheers bro, .....what you putting out musically, your live set?
nrjizer
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nrjizer »

Ingemar wrote:in addition to the above I stumbled across this recording of Surgeon's ambient set, which is very very nice I must say.

No dreary industrial drones, just colourful, uplifting psychedelia.
This is ace, thank you for posting this. Two plays of Outer Space - Memory Bomb -- wow. (*)
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AK wrote:
hey mate, it's not some secret society or anything. You don't need to be invited, god forbid............... :D
its not strictly true bro, you do have to be invited, i invited you originally.
the thing is, we have 4000 members and the venue only holds 900, and 250 of those are artists, their guests, crew, staff. we have to limit the membership or the people who have been coming for 7 years every year and supported us when nobody had heard of Freerotation, wouldnt get tickets, and thats not really fair. Freerotation could sell out 5 times over if we made it an open membership. its also part of the legal framework of the event and venue, it is a private members club.
that doesnt mean its a secret society though, if you know someone who is a member you can be invited, and with 4000 members, there's a good chance you'll be standing near a Freerotation member at any underground techno/house club. we leave it up to peoples resourcefulness to get themselves a membership, if you really want to come, you'll get there.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

AK wrote:
steevio wrote:hi mate,

i havent really been looking yet, so you probably know more than me.
We havent uploaded the other parts of the live set yet, because we are deciding which tracks to put out on vinyl right now. That pt2 might be one of them, but we didnt want to give it all away before the vinyl comes out.

make sure you give me a shout next year before the tickets run out, if you are struggling to afford it again,

peace
Steevio
Cheers bro, .....what you putting out musically, your live set?
yeah, and other stuff as well.
everything i release is a part of a live set, i never sit down to write a tune, i just jam for hours and chop out the good bits. i dont really differentiate between what i do at a gig or in the studio, its exactly the same. i use exactly the same kit.

ive got four releases coming out on various labels in the next few months, and will release a 12" of stuff from the live set at Freerotation on Mindtours
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

steevio wrote:
AK wrote:
its not strictly true bro, you do have to be invited, i invited you originally.
the thing is, we have 4000 members and the venue only holds 900, and 250 of those are artists, their guests, crew, staff. we have to limit the membership or the people who have been coming for 7 years every year and supported us when nobody had heard of Freerotation, wouldnt get tickets, and thats not really fair. Freerotation could sell out 5 times over if we made it an open membership. its also part of the legal framework of the event and venue, it is a private members club.
that doesnt mean its a secret society though, if you know someone who is a member you can be invited, and with 4000 members, there's a good chance you'll be standing near a Freerotation member at any underground techno/house club. we leave it up to peoples resourcefulness to get themselves a membership, if you really want to come, you'll get there.
I stand corrected then :lol:
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

steevio wrote:
i'll invite you mate
Nice one mate :) yeah i think you're right, I know several people who went to the most recent one and i'll be the first to admit i haven't been that proactive about asking around etc previously!