Polyphonic Pitch Bend?

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Polyphonic Pitch Bend?

Post by AK »

Anyone know of any VSTi's ( or hardware synths actually ) that allow for pitch bend on single notes. ie: say I play a minor triad chord and want to bend the minor 3rd up a semitone to a major 3rd without affecting the root and the 7th.

Obviously, it's easily accomplished with software using a couple of synths ( same patch, synth copied to new track and 1 track plays root and 7th and other synth plays the 3rd ) but I'm wanting to do this in real time during live jamming.

Cheers for any suggestions :)
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Polyphonic Pitch Bend?

Post by omnipresence »

It might be achievable using aftertouch if it's available. But it could also lead to unintentional bends.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I can't think if anything that can do this live.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I don't even think it's possible in a live scenario. Oh well, I've exhausted my search now, lol .......Cheers anyway. :D
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

there is something like that in ensoniq esq-1.. or the feature works in a way that the pitch bend affects only the notes pressed down..

so, i f you have set up a long release but short attack on amplitude envelope,
you should be able to do the trick what you are after.. or something like it.

there is also some different pitch bend modes in dx-21, altho i haven't never used them, because i don't use pitch bends in my music that much at all. :)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

AK wrote:Anyone know of any VSTi's ( or hardware synths actually ) that allow for pitch bend on single notes. ie: say I play a minor triad chord and want to bend the minor 3rd up a semitone to a major 3rd without affecting the root and the 7th.

Obviously, it's easily accomplished with software using a couple of synths ( same patch, synth copied to new track and 1 track plays root and 7th and other synth plays the 3rd ) but I'm wanting to do this in real time during live jamming.

Cheers for any suggestions :)
bitwig will do this and automation per note.

ableton 8 doesn't support aftertouch. :)
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

hydrogen wrote:ableton 8 doesn't support aftertouch. :)
I may well be wrong, but I'm sure I have got Ableton to record aftertouch. I think its called channel pressure and it doesn't seem to be polyphonic.

Please correct me if I'm wrong :-flower