The relationship between Open and Closed Hi-Hat samples

- ask away
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: The relationship between Open and Closed Hi-Hat samples

Post by simonb »

Drum synthesis is something I'm keen to get more into, just need the time :(

I think I'm gonna hold onto my Machinedrum for the time being (that's hoping it still works - last night I knocked over a cup of tea and a fair bit of it went into the MD, I turned it off and moved it away as soon as I could so praying it's OK today...) - it's definitely not a jack of all trades but it does add a bit to my palette especially when I'm trying to make stuff that deviates a bit from classic house and techno sounds.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: The relationship between Open and Closed Hi-Hat samples

Post by oblioblioblio »

it could be worth using some distilled water (not sure where you can get it easily, I get it from a dentists surgery, maybe you can get it at boots?) to rinse off the affected areas.

Don't use it on anything unaffected as it's not risk free, and definitely keep it away from the LCD display and potentiometers/encoders. But most electronic components are perfectly happy being wet, (chips maybe not so much, but capacitors, resistors, transistors, diodes etc are fine).

Could be worth doing as tea is going to leave some crap that may corrode or cause deterioration over time.

Don't turn the thing on unless you're 100% sure it's dry and clean, you could blow stuff out otherwise.

Lem? Anything to correct/add?