i want to hear x's music thread

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

i want to hear x's music thread

Post by oblioblioblio »

Lots of posters here with interesting things to say and they don't always talk about their own music directly. It's pointless having a thread for people to post their own stuff, there's a sub forum for that, but I propose a system where someone nominates a person they want to hear and the person can post some stuff and perhaps talk about the context in which it was made.

I nominate AK, also Hades.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: i want to hear x's music thread

Post by AK »

Cheers mate. ( NOT ) lol.

For me, it's been a long time coming because music has had to take a back seat for such a long time bro. As much as I am as passionate as yourself and any number of guys on this website, I am simply not rolling out finished tracks like I'd like to, nor am I where I'd like to be with music either. There's been a number of personal tragedies in my life over the last five years that have meant I have felt guilty by spending excessive amounts of time disappearing into the realms of my personal escapism ( music ) Doesn't mean I do not still practice music, I do, it's just that I feel I am not 'there' for those who need me because it requires me to switch off. All the things you probably do, I do. I get excited about say a sci fi film I watched and jump on the keyboard and hit record and make some noise. I make sounds, loops, play a lot of electro funk basses, chord, leads etc. Even if it's in passing, I will do a little jam that I woke up with or whatever. In other words, I'm very, very much at the cutting edge with my own way of making music, with software, with technique, it's just that I'm actually not making finished stuff right now.

I also don't have a lot of spare time, all of my spare time is spent with Zoe ( who you met ) as we live 75 miles apart at the moment - ( long story ), and as much as I love music, if it means it has to take a back seat because of her and time and our living situation, then it does. She knows what it means to me to be able to write music and to just let that part of me out and we are moving to somewhere with that in mind ( when we can afford it lol )

In terms of my music and what I like to write, yeah, I have tons of stuff and ideas that are waiting to be put into whole tracks, can't wait to be honest, I think about it a lot. I'm not really one to ever post unfinished work but I have tons of it, ranging from electro funk to House and some techno, those 3 elements are 'me'. Musically, that's what I'm about.

I have shedloads of ideas, I record everything and even sit there with notepads and stuff. I intended 2013 to be the year I started pushing finished music out there anyway so thanks for the thread, don't forget I wanna be heard too. :)
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

do you have anything to link from the days of breakbeat? I'd love to hear. Sorry to put you on the spot! I appreciate it might be difficult and embarassing, so if not I look forward to when you're ready to share your new work. Shitty that life has gotten in the way, but musicians who don't experience life don't have anything useful to say anyway, of course that doesn't make any of the things you've had to navigate any easier to deal with.

Don't worry, I know the pressure of always feeling like whatever you've done is inadequate, I think it's the same for everyone. I don't really fight it that much. Whenever someone asks me what I do and I say musician, and then try to explain I just end up saying how stupid it is and how much I resent myself for making it. Ha!
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

You can always come to Worcs and watch me play keyboard at Marrs bar lol. Bit of Organ for my mates Ska band and a bit of EP for a couple of others.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I don't feel inadequate lol. Very far from it. I'll find some Breaks stuff too and upload it. 8)