sensory overload when producing

- ask away
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: sensory overload when producing

Post by eggnchips »

I too recently became a dad and can't possibly begin to think of the nightmare you have encountered. I suppose words won't help much but my thoughts are with you mate.
pafufta816
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pafufta816 »

music was and still is my escape from the general sensory environment i'm in. i use it to atrophe at least part of myself from the world so i can hold my sanity. just being forced to read billboards, internet ads, listening to people near me talking, hearing footsteps, stresses me out. this is why you'll find me wearing headphones in public when i am alone. i lost my father when i was 16, and music was probably the one thing that kept me from committing suicide at several different points. things got pretty fkked up but i can happily say music was the one shining light, a grace, and provider of solace to me. it is a dimension of infinite proportion for me, and as such makes a great escape from reality.
ao_xk
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ao_xk »

pafufta816 wrote:music was the one shining light, a grace, and provider of solace to me. it is a dimension of infinite proportion for me, and as such makes a great escape from reality.
To me, techno music, with its steady, relentless machine rhythms, is unusually comforting... Because it captures an ideal: the ideal of flawless and enduring efficacy.
Computer programmers know this: machines never make mistakes. This gives them that austere beauty.
simonlb
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by simonlb »

oblioblioblio wrote:Does anyone else get to a point when they are working, where you get a sound exactly where you want it, or get surprised by something, and you like it so much that you have to run away?
I know what you mean, sometimes something falls into place and I feel an urge to get up and wander around the house for a bit in a weird, excited way.

Some heavy sh!t in this thread, respect to all...