How ot create a loop with vinyl turntables?

- ask away
arthy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

How ot create a loop with vinyl turntables?

Post by arthy »

Hi mates,

I'm playing on Allen & Heath Xone 42 + 2 Technics SL 1210 MK2 (NON encoded/timecoded vinyls)+ 1 CDJ 350.
I would like to get an instrument or anything allowing me to create a loop on the vinyls I play just as the CD players do have the "Loop" function.
Which object would you advise me ?

Thanks in advance
Arthur
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: How ot create a loop with vinyl turntables?

Post by tone-def »

Watch the loco dice video in the thread below. I think he had some kind of looping thing.
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

in my experience, the people who chose to play vinyl often end up doing only so, and those that like to loop and play around use serato or traktor (or ableton)

like half of (sweden's) second hand kaos pads and sp-404's are from vinyl dj's that realised that they never really used their loop devices. So yeah, check those two alternatives out. If you got a big budget you could go for an octatrack
arthy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by arthy »

tone-def wrote:Watch the loco dice video in the thread below. I think he had some kind of looping thing.
Sorry tone-def, I cannot see the link
Ingemar wrote:in my experience, the people who chose to play vinyl often end up doing only so, and those that like to loop and play around use serato or traktor (or ableton)

like half of (sweden's) second hand kaos pads and sp-404's are from vinyl dj's that realised that they never really used their loop devices. So yeah, check those two alternatives out. If you got a big budget you could go for an octatrack
Basically my goal in the end is (only) to have the possibility to make longer and softer transitions between 2 vinyls without risking to hear a cut in the previous vinyl track.
I used serato and tracktor in the past but playin real vinyls seemed much more interesting, even though i got this issue that i want to fix
Which object would you advise me ?
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

I have a Redsound Soundbite for this purpose, this model:

http://www.redsound.com/products/SoundBITEXL.html

It does exactly what you want with quite good usability. It can be setup differently. I found the easiest setup for me is to use the mixer headphone output as in-channel to record loops and a line channel of the mixer as out-channel. (Headphone signal will be routed through and the headphone can be connected to the Soundbite.)

There are different models, don't know how they compare.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

aut.t.n wrote:I have a Redsound Soundbite for this purpose, this model:

http://www.redsound.com/products/SoundBITEXL.html

It does exactly what you want with quite good usability. It can be setup differently. I found the easiest setup for me is to use the mixer headphone output as in-channel to record loops and a line channel of the mixer as out-channel. (Headphone signal will be routed through and the headphone can be connected to the Soundbite.)

There are different models, don't know how they compare.
I have it too. Really does the job nicely and I got it quite cheap off ebay.
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

i´ve used the soundbite micro
http://www.redsound.com/products/SoundBITEMicro.html

enough for my needs and only costs 60 euros. got one stolen so replacing was not so expensive. also it´s way lighter for travelling.
you can use it also as audio2midiclock converter for drummachines, synths etc...
techno made me do it