Randomize To Scale/Key??????

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Randomize To Scale/Key??????

Post by AK »

Having been experimenting with simple patterns inside of Reasons Matrix Patterns Sequencer, I've realised I want something to try out. That's some step sequencer ( has to be software ) where I can tell it to create a random sequence but based on a scale/key command or from a menu of pre-existing scales. ie: Say I have a written bass/chord sequence, I'd like to 'throw in' some randomly generated synth sequence that will instantly 'fit' harmonically with whatever I have going on underneath.

I know there's tons of software out there at the moment that might fit the bill, in essence, I want to move away from playing stuff in via my keyboard a bit more but loathe sitting there programming and need some kickstart 'generated' modular type sequences on which to form new ideas.

If that makes sense, help me out. I'm using Live too btw as my plug-in host.

I'll say more on this later, think there's enough there to ask for some thoughts. Cheers.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Randomize To Scale/Key??????

Post by Opuswerk »

Numerology should allow you to do that and more.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Isn't it mac only? Should have said I'm on Windows.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

do you have max for live?

that is easily capable of doing what you want. it's pretty likely someone will have written a patch like that.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

use the scale and random midi effect of Live
mykul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mykul »

my thoughts exactly......the midi effects in Live do exactly what you are looking for.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

The midi fx in live are the bomb. combine them in multi-chain racks and the limits are incredible..
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Y'know, I have never bothered to delve into the built in efx of Live, in fact I have kind of neglected a lot of the things it has to offer. I need to 'build'/set up a kind of functional template which can be tailored to do the kind of things I need but after using a fair bit of hardware sequencing I have only been recording into the computer.

Anyone know if that Silent Sleeper stuff is for hardware only or can you use it to control plug in instruments?