Re: Julio Bashmore Tape Machine

Post by vinnie pine »

lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Good shout Vinnie!

I was lucky enough to have spent quite a bit of time with a Copicat, so I can make a pretty good emulation with just native Ableton FX. But then I can also put other fx into each chain part way, like a flanger in one of the 4 delay lines, a slapback in another... all crazy stuff you can't do with a (unmodified ;) ) Copicat.

If I found one for £100 in really really good condition, I would definitely buy one! But they just don't come up like that anymore. Your best bet is seeing one in a charity shop thats been living in an attic somewhere.

When I was first into them they were selling for £100 in great condition. Everyone else was looking at Rolands, but now attention is turning to these little beaut's.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

lem wrote:Good shout Vinnie!

I was lucky enough to have spent quite a bit of time with a Copicat, so I can make a pretty good emulation with just native Ableton FX. But then I can also put other fx into each chain part way, like a flanger in one of the 4 delay lines, a slapback in another... all crazy stuff you can't do with a (unmodified ;) ) Copicat.

If I found one for £100 in really really good condition, I would definitely buy one! But they just don't come up like that anymore. Your best bet is seeing one in a charity shop thats been living in an attic somewhere.

When I was first into them they were selling for £100 in great condition. Everyone else was looking at Rolands, but now attention is turning to these little beaut's.

share the fx chain, would love to see how you went about making a proper emu :D.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

livecollective wrote: share the fx chain, would love to see how you went about making a proper emu :D.
Hmmm, I don't really have a rack saved that is a pure emulation. I have this horrible habit of naming but not saving racks that I make up, and if I do they are terribly unorganised!
When I think, this would sound great with copicat delay, I just make something like it on the spot. Which is very basic and serves the purpose of the input sound. When other sounds are put through it, it might not sound so good.

I really need to spend a day or two sorting out some racks.