computer upgrade.

- ask away
mr lee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: computer upgrade.

Post by mr lee »

I've been wanting to build a hackintosh for a long time. Do you care to share any specs?

My current PC is fine. (Athalon 64/ SCSI HDD / 8GB / WINXP64) I LOVE my MBP, but it's only for work. They locked it down so I can't run much else on it.

edit: found this link. http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/08/ ... -2012.html
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

probably going to stick to pc. thinking of getting the intel i7 quad core. should be enough I hope.
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

victorgonzales wrote:probably going to stick to pc. thinking of getting the intel i7 quad core. should be enough I hope.
I have an i5 quad core and it destroys anything I throw at it..

the i7 are impeccable.. should be more than enough :!:
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

glad to see good feedback on the mac mini cuz i just got one as a present 8) sorry for offtopic, wlcm back victor :)
lcaise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by lcaise »

imo i7 is to much, i5 is enough.
16GB ram + ssd drive for system [faster than hdd]. Motherboard matched to cpu + good power supply is important.
Btw, new motherboards have vga chips enough for home and studio use! :)
facebook.com/lcaise.official
facebook.com/tanztonerecords
mr lee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mr lee »

Put a bullet in my PC last night... went out and picked up a 2.3 i7/16BG/1TB HDD Mac Mini... for $1,250 (including apple care)

4x USB3 - Midi Gear
1x Fire800 - Audio Interface
HDMI - 42" monitor
Thunderbolt - External HDD / Time Machine

Best bang for the buck on the market currently, especially if you already have a good monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc..
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

for that money i build you two PCs with that specs, they are maybe not in a little shiny case tough :)

but definitly not best bang for the buck.. i think that apple wouldnt even try cater to people, who are shoping with that philosophy.

also apple care is essentially one year added to the normal guaranty. so first you go out and buy an expensive "top" product, and then you dont trust that product so you pay a second time to make sure it works at least one year longer then the guaranty is.

im not having a problem with the mac mini, but if you buy a mercedes dont call it "best bang for the buck".
mr lee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mr lee »

lol... sorry. Maybe I should have caveated my statement and said "best bang for your buck... at the apple store".

... I erased my long winded rant about building windows machines... been there, done that, got the t-shirt. :)

Lets just say that I'm very happy with my new purchase.