[LIVE9] It's there!!!... wait...mmh...kind of....

- ask away
mo's taverne
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[LIVE9] It's there!!!... wait...mmh...kind of....

Post by mo's taverne »

...:.::.:::.:.....::....:...::...::.::::....::...:....

http://biloba.twoday.net/
mr lee
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: [LIVE9] It's there!!!... wait...mmh...kind of....

Post by mr lee »

lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

There is so much they could do with the core functionality of Live to make it so much better. But I almost guarantee they won't have done anything I would like!
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Was a bit bummed reading and watching the vids... but after watching a full demonstration in realtime I'm getting very excited about the new release.

------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

hydrogen wrote:Was a bit bummed reading and watching the vids... but after watching a full demonstration in realtime I'm getting very excited about the new release.

+1

audio to midi in action rocks!
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

anyone seen the ableton deal at the moment? 25% off ableton 8 and then you get suite for free! i want to know does that include max as thats meant to be bundled in with ableton 9.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Anyone know how much it will cost to upgrade for those of us who already have 8?
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

eggnchips wrote:Anyone know how much it will cost to upgrade for those of us who already have 8?
It says 199 EUR when I log in, not worth it for me. I already own max4live and the new features don't really do a lot for me.
What I have works and I am still learning a lot of the max stuff. Upgrading means a lot of old devices I use won't work.
michaellpenman wrote:i hope the have fixed the summing and the overall sound quality
Is it really that bad? I know warping can sound bloody awful and the FX plugins arn't the best, but i have never really noticed summing any worse than any other DAW. I read once that its a really neglected part of any DAW. I have heard the same thing said about everything other than Pro Tools.
I guess I always take it with a pinch of salt because the quality of the sounds I put into Live is more noticable than what the software does to it. My sound design is getting better and maybe one day it will get to a point where I can really hear the poor quality summing. Then I will be joining you with your opinion!

I agree that they should improve whats there rather than adding new bells and whistles. But those damn bells and whistles are really shiny... people like shiny shiny.