Electribe and logic 8, sync issues

- ask away
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Electribe and logic 8, sync issues

Post by blizt »

I'm having a very specific problem. Running the electribe with logic it's not a problem when I hit start in logic from the beginning. But if I stop and start logic from another point of the song, the machine wont start again from the first step. It just continues from where it stopped. How can I do it so that no matter from where I am on my logic project, when I hit start the machine will also start from the first step? Is this and electribe problem?
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Electribe and logic 8, sync issues

Post by lem »

It sounds more like a logic issue, although I haven't booted up logic in ages now.

In the midi sync settings is there the option of 'song' or 'pattern'?

My electribe, ER1 mk2, doesn't do this. But I use Ableton and have on the pattern option under Lives Midi/Sync options.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Electribe and logic 8, sync issues

Post by blizt »

I found out a solution. Thing is, when you hit stop on the daw next time you hit start logic will send a midi "continue message" instead of start (only when you are not in the beginning of your logic project), so the sequencer is continuing from where it stopped. So I downloaded that midipipe program por mac wich lets me converts midi continue messages into start and pretty much that's it. Hope this will help others.