DRUMCELL in the studio

- ask away
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: DRUMCELL in the studio

Post by manzatour »

I understand and deeply respect your enthusiasm on modular synthesizers. Enthusiasm is an important factor necessary to go forward and develop new techniques in music. This is very positive.
BUT
Actually, you can make excellent, innovative, brilliant, forward thinking music with an old guitar and a couple of old pans, if you can use them and have something to say.
SO
What about talking also about something else?

Please don't take it bad.

:-flower
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

:lol: brilliant.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

ok guys aving a break for real,

you all take care and good luck with all your projects innit

peace
(*)
Last edited by steevio on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

oblioblioblio wrote:i'm probably guilty of being a bit of a dck about saying that modular is the only way to make music. even if I don't state it explicitly, maybe the underlying tone is arrogant and makes people feel defensive.

Livecollective you got some of my anger intended for Magpieindustries who I thought was just acting like a prick with no good reason, and I didn't even think it was worth replying. I ended up picking up on what you said because I much prefer your attitude on the forum generally and thought it a bit out of character for you to be hostile, and thought I might be able to actually have a sensible discussion with you.

It was not my intention to be hostile. If I came across as such my apologies :-flower
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

this turns out like a real weird forum :-sta ....think i'm off...bye folks
manzatour
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by manzatour »

Ok…This was not the goal of my post.

Steevio, Oblio: Even if I don't participate that much, I really appreciate your contributions here, I respect your passion.

Honestly, the only thing that disturbs me is the constant message: “Modular = Better”.

The interview in this thread was in fact very interesting, but yesterday was really the day where another modular thread, was one too much for me.

Hope to read more of you here

Peace
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

manzatour wrote:
Honestly, the only thing that disturbs me is the constant message: “Modular = Better”.
I've never had the feeling that anyone who uses modular here suggests that, a more realistic statement would be, "modular = better - for me". Meaning, those who use modular are merely explaining and talking about why they prefer them.

Life is just too short to come on Internet forums and argue about what is 'better' etc. Whatever you use to make music, it's all a means to an end at the end of the day. If you like the sound of something and like how it fits into your workflow and allows you to express your creativity, then it's all good.

Peace. :)
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Mono-xID wrote:this turns out like a real weird forum :-sta ....think i'm off...bye folks
Loblol :D :D
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest