DRUMCELL in the studio

- ask away
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: DRUMCELL in the studio

Post by Mono-xID »

totally WRONG!!!.....i know sooooooo many producers that put out quality tunes and they choose modular because it gives them most flexibility...what a cheek to say that everyone who owns a modular set up ist just a patching freak....

discussion is ok...nothing wrong with it.....but all you saying is "modular is just bleeps,boring and no one is making tunes with it....wich is totally (again) WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not a big basis for a discussion imo

cheers
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

Mono-xID wrote:totally WRONG!!!.....i know sooooooo many producers that put out quality tunes and they choose modular because it gives them most flexibility...what a cheek to say that everyone who owns a modular set up ist just a patching freak....

discussion is ok...nothing wrong with it.....but all you saying is "modular is just bleeps,boring and no one is making tunes with it....wich is totally (again) WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
not a big basis for a discussion imo

cheers
god this forum is becoming overrun with modular owners that refuse to hear any other OPINION about modular synthesis besides their own, while at the same time saying their comments are only opinion.

Its kind of funny if you look at if objectively.
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

like i said...i'm not a modular fan...i've tried and it isn't for me...but to say that modular is just bleeps and all that sh!t is just ridicoulus...
ekwipt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ekwipt »

Modular is the new minimal :D
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

livecollective wrote: god this forum is becoming overrun with modular owners that refuse to hear any other OPINION about modular synthesis besides their own, while at the same time saying their comments are only opinion.

What gives you the right to objectivity? Sounds like you're trying to back up your own opinion because you afraid of putting it out there and saying how you feel.

The comments of Magpieindustries are not opinion, after dismissing any music ever made on a modular.

Hows about this from David Morley who is involved with R&S as well as Apollo Records.

deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

techno made me do it
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Yay, another thread talking about modulars! Just what we need.

Here's the scoop on fucking modulars: They're mad dough, they won't make you better at music, you can use one JUST LIKE a regular synth, you can use one too make weirdo fart noises all day, you can do something in between fart noises and traditional sounds, you're girlfriend may leave you once you get one, your friends will ask what the fck it is and not want to step away from it once you let them fck around with it and it may or may not help you get laid. "Here honey, you twiddle these knobs while I twiddle yours".

/thread
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

oblioblioblio wrote:
livecollective wrote: god this forum is becoming overrun with modular owners that refuse to hear any other OPINION about modular synthesis besides their own, while at the same time saying their comments are only opinion.

What gives you the right to objectivity? Sounds like you're trying to back up your own opinion because you afraid of putting it out there and saying how you feel.

The comments of Magpieindustries are not opinion, after dismissing any music ever made on a modular.

Hows about this from David Morley who is involved with R&S as well as Apollo Records.

The right to objectivity? Are you fucking serious. I was saying take a step back and see how funny this whole conversation is. You just reinforced what I said about modular owners refusing to hear anything but their own hot air.

You don't know how I feel about modulars, I never spoke ill of them, just the attitudes the people who use them seem to have.

And I just have to laugh at you saying "I am afraid to say how i feel"... you have been on this forum long enough know that I have no problem telling people how i feel.

I did not read magpie's comments as dismissing all music ever made on a modular... if thats the case then he is far off.
Last edited by livecollective on Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.