hardware track projects

- ask away
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: hardware track projects

Post by Opuswerk »

Actually better than that :)
The main idea behind the project is to offer a tool to build software controllers for hardware instruments so that they integrate better with your DAW. You can edit your own, or simply download a few of the template corresponding to your synth.
Recently, i think he got to the point where it's possible to build stand-alone audio units and vst. Si you simply load the uWaveXT panel as a VST, set the right MIDI channels and you're set :). That gives you total recall and easy automation & editing from the computer, with the mapping ease of Ableton. It's a bit like an open source soundquest.

You can find some of the already existing panels here: http://ctrlr.org/page.php?p=ddb
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

yes, I looked around the site earlier and looked at those templates.
I think I get the general idea, but let me be sure :
basically, you load this program in your DAW, hit ctrl-M for midi mapping, and use say your APC40 (or whatever midi controller you got connected) to control say your JX10 instead of a PG800.
And the advantage is that with this thing all the automation gets easier.
Correct ?
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

Hades wrote:yes, I looked around the site earlier and looked at those templates.
I think I get the general idea, but let me be sure :
basically, you load this program in your DAW, hit ctrl-M for midi mapping, and use say your APC40 (or whatever midi controller you got connected) to control say your JX10 instead of a PG800.
And the advantage is that with this thing all the automation gets easier.
Correct ?
correct. I have been using ctrlr instead of a PG-300 to edit sounds on my alphajuno 2.
I setup a novation nocturn as an alphajuno programmer, very quick and handy.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

what sorgenkind said :)
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
coldfuture
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by coldfuture »

Like others have mentioned here I just don't sweat stuff I used to. I don't worry about everything sounding the same. In fact I've become so hooked on live techno recording that my last "I don't know how many" releases are all one take jams with a few small bar-long or note-long edits where I may have missed a kick drop or something.

My last say, 3 releases have been even simpler. Since some channels have gone funny on my zed r16 I quit multitracking until I get it repaired and have gone to simply getting a good mix going while practising and have recorded them straight to 2-track.

Techno music often tempts one to over-analyze everything and it's just not necessary. For my own sound often the pure energy and attitude of a live jam trimmed up is worth 1000 hours of "post this" and "compress that." I even have quite a nice analog setup for such stuff and most of the time I just jam 'er out on the machines and run my mastering plugins on it and off she goes.

Just punk rock it.
"Why does this process have to be SO complex" -- Ritardo Montalban
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

coldfuture wrote:
Just punk rock it.

+1