Silentway + SH-101 + FF400

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Silentway + SH-101 + FF400

Post by hydrogen »

Anybody familiar with Expert Sleepers Silent Way? I'm trying to get the trig to work but i'm not having much luck. I tested the CV/Trigs with another SH101 and it triggered fine... but with the software/ff400(headphone outs) i have no luck.

I checked the voltage on the out and its like 1.0v for the trig from silent way... but from the SH-101 its like 10.0v. Probably not enough voltage... bug i'm wondering if i've got something wrong.

Any suggestions?

*Fixed* - Solution : Set the RME FF400 headphone output to "High Gain", then you get enough voltage to control the SH-101.
Last edited by hydrogen on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Silentway + SH-101 + FF400

Post by Phase Ghost »

The trigger should be around 5v (anything above 3v "should" work), 1 volt isn't going to cut it. What type of cable are you using? The way expert sleepers works is one channel is the CV (or pitch) and the other is the trigger/gate. So, I'm guessing that you would need to split the stereo into dual mono for it to work correctly. A sure way to know if you are getting the CV side of the output is if the voltage is continuous. The trigger side will only send a voltage for the duration of the note being pressed on a keyboard or in your daw.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Thanks Phase Ghost... Just got it working!!! I did some deeper google searches and found that I need to set the RME FF400 headphone output to "High Gain". Then i get enough voltage... and i can calibrate it.

I have a headphone cable to split RCA and then adapters from RCA to 1/8 mono.

The 101 sounds bomb, everything that i thought it would be. Its really been the only missing thing in my studio i feel.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Nice!
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

101 is dope! would love to have the filter input mod to send stuff thru it.. maybe one day.