Deadmau5 studio (with hell of a modular setup)

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Deadmau5 studio (with hell of a modular setup)

Post by oblioblioblio »

i was being sarcastic. I don't think spending that money desperately trying to find happiness will get him any closer to it. I think it would just take him further away.

I prefer what the KLF did with their million earned from pop music. But even that was a very selfish gesture. (although I think it had a powerful message that many people were not ready to hear).

The concept of ownership is really vague if you look at the world from outside of human eyes. I don't think it's right for someone like Deadmau5 to earn that much money from what he does. I would feel really uncomfortable taking that amount of money from people unless I was feeding it back into infrastructure that they had joint ownership over. Like, if my music was really worth that and I needed to put that amount of money into it for it to exist.
Last edited by oblioblioblio on Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

oblioblioblio wrote:i was being sarcastic. I don't think spending that money desperately trying to find happiness will get him any closer to it. I think it would just take him further away.

I prefer what the KLF did with their million earned from pop music. But even that was a very selfish gesture. (although I think it had a powerful message that many people were not ready to hear).
i know ;) ;)

but you're right though. people think having tons of money equates to happiness, including me because im always skint and its stressful.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

(*)
Last edited by steevio on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

people just like to collect sh!t they love. doesnt really matter if he needs all that or not. if i had lots of money i would buy lots of synths. they are fun, and i bet he has lots of that.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

it's getting dangerously OT (as always), but that amount of money spent on pampering the self is a waste. The world is full to the brim of people suffering that could have there lives changed by that money being invested in something other than the confines of DMfives obsession.

All I can say is that I need my modular to be small otherwise I get lost. It helps me to be limited. I can clearly see that studio as being a status symbol and useless as a musical instrument.

I can't really imagine DM5 having really genuine soul fufilling fun with that set up. I feel SO happy to connect with my instrument and the people of the world through music in a way that is true to my unique weird self, and I don't think that set up enables him to do that.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

on of those buchlas is signed... thats dope...

dunno looks like a spaceship in there... would be pretty fun i think. but i agree... its pretty excessive... but i like that dude from new orders studio as well which has a gazzilions of gear.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

tough, is it collecting if you buy all at once? i doubt he spent 10 years to get all this gear :)