Deadmau5 studio (with hell of a modular setup)

- ask away
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Deadmau5 studio (with hell of a modular setup)

Post by ray parry »

Themis wrote:tough, is it collecting if you buy all at once? i doubt he spent 10 years to get all this gear :)
interesting point, but i believe its still collecting. hes just fortunate enough to have the money to collect in one go. ;)
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

carl craig has a huge collection too. emphasis on collection :) http://vimeo.com/41126870

but my fav is that one...
techno made me do it
Ingemar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Ingemar »

I reckon that what he likes the most with that room is that it is soundproofed, windowless and that the computer has no internet, and that he has an excuse to go there
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

fck deadmau5 ...

now that i got that out of the way... i have to say its funny to listen to all the modular users they always have something to bitch about... "oh thats too big" , "thats not big enough", "modular has more potential than anything else" ... just saying, I love you guys but this whole things has put me off modular. I'll most likely be inspired when I actually hear something interesting come out a modular, instead of bleepy/bloopy tech-house that feigns polyrhythms (as in, you can't play in 7/8, your sequencer can).

JUST MY OPINION (had to echo this sentiment before the panties bunch)

I have to admit, if i had the money I'd have a collection in a separate room with a huge setup like this, wired into my studio so if I did decide I wanted to make some noise, I'd just hit record on the ipad remote and get to jamming as its tracked into the other room. This is sort of how my house is setup as the whole place is a working studio.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

i just gave my experience as a modular user that I thought it would be hard to get anything done on a setup like that. No content other than that.

I don't have anything to lose or gain from someone else using a modular. Just trying to share some positive electrons and my opinion. Yeah I probably sound like a twat sometimes. Sorry about that.
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

my response was tongue in cheek, mostly just making an observation.

I wasn't saying you sound like a twat, I just thought it all sounded kind of funny (the whole conversation).

And onto that large setup, it would be hard as fck to get sh!t done... I can barely get sh!t done on a small modular setup lol.