something in the sky / mills...

- ask away
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: something in the sky / mills...

Post by cloutier »

his years of experience and hands-on-the-gear approach aside...

what i'm saying is i've played with a fair amount of 909's and 808's in my day, and they sure as fck never, ever make the sounds he does, nor do i ever get any pattern that fantastic. he's doing something...
doctor, doctor, this city's sick
a tired, tired heart, such shakey lips

http://soundcloud.com/cloutier
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

cloutier wrote:his years of experience and hands-on-the-gear approach aside...

what i'm saying is i've played with a fair amount of 909's and 808's in my day, and they sure as fck never, ever make the sounds he does, nor do i ever get any pattern that fantastic. he's doing something...
he's part of the small % that just have natural ability to make music. in all walks of life, there are certain people that just excel. time doesnt always come into it.
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

Jeff is just straight up funky.
I know some of the gear he uses besides the obvious drum machines and i'm still baffled. He's a natural left handed drummer and doesn't just stick to 4/4 time on a drum machine. Jeff is a straight up freak of nature and allot more of a minimalist than allot of minimal techno artists. He's a fucking alien!
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nakoradiomies »

hydrogen wrote:when i think of this kind of quality of music and mnml.nl forum the first thing that comes to mind is nakoradiomies... really good stuff here and in the similar vein. http://soundcloud.com/nakoradiomies. The only thing i can come up with is a fully hardware driven studio driven by live performance and execution.

Seems like the stuff he has up now is on more of the dub tip... (i've heard a bunch of different styles from him) but the vibe, creativity and sound quality is there. I absolutely love this quality of sound. As far as I know its all driven by music knowledge, performance and specific hardware.
aww nice to read stuff like this, you really made my day :)