robert hood synth stab

- ask away
houseisafeeling
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

robert hood synth stab

Post by houseisafeeling »

love the synths in this, any way i can recreate them using vst's?? always try but fail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwxZI1PIT3s

much appreciated
nakoradiomies
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: robert hood synth stab

Post by nakoradiomies »

what you need is two oscillators with pwm square on them, bit of detune on them, some portamento and last but not least an chord memory so you can play that chord thing like monosynth.

oh yeah + some chorus also..
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

Sounds like a bit more to me. Those type of sounds can be made quite easily using wavetable synthesis. It allows you to scan through multiple types of waveforms using the same oscillator. Very powerful for rich chords, pads, strings.
There's a few synth than can do it, such as: Largo, Zebra and most waldorf synths i believe.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
Bionic_Eye
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bionic_Eye »

sample a chord
map across your keyboard / mpc
as seen in this video or
trigger your sample with the trigger out of drummachine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r1h2XmWXBI
Bionic_Eye
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Bionic_Eye »

the free pterosaur vst is a wavetable synthesis and got some robert hood style presets
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

It never ceases to amaze me when people want to ask questions like "How can i make this sound?"
When the artist that made the sound originally was thinking "How can i make a sound nobody else has made?"

Where's your sense of adventure?
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Torque wrote:It never ceases to amaze me when people want to ask questions like "How can i make this sound?"
When the artist that made the sound originally was thinking "How can i make a sound nobody else has made?"

It never ceases to amaze me the way that questions such as 'how can i make this sound?' raise such negative reactions on this forum.
It's a techno forum for advice and opinions on sound. People should be able to ask.
We as humans evolve by taking something that has already been done and improving it.

'To copy others is necessary, but to copy oneself is pathetic.'
Pablo Picasso
Torque
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Torque »

eggnchips wrote:
Torque wrote:It never ceases to amaze me when people want to ask questions like "How can i make this sound?"

It never ceases to amaze me the way that questions such as 'how can i make this sound?' raise such negative reactions on this forum.
It's a techno forum for advice and opinions on sound. People should be able to ask.
We as humans evolve by taking something that has already been done and improving it.

'To copy others is necessary, but to copy oneself is pathetic.'
Pablo Picasso
In my opinion Picasso was a hack. My 4 year old niece can do more interesting paintings...

My deal with it is why would you want the sound of another artist? Why not create your own palette?
The thing that makes me laugh about it is that i see artists all the time that will buy thousands worth of equipment to make the sound Rob hood can make for $50 worth of stuff at a resale shop. It's always in the artist, not the technique, not the instrument.
If somebody want's to sound like Robert Hood go ahead and try, everybody else has. In fact there's a whole genre of people trying to sound like Rob Hood and nobody can do it. He is absolutely unique to this universe.