robert hood synth stab

- ask away
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: robert hood synth stab

Post by mehta »

In general I agree with you, but this:
Torque wrote: In my opinion Picasso was a hack. My 4 year old niece can do more interesting paintings...
really destroys your credibility. Maybe you aren't very familiar with Picasso, but in his younger days he was among the most technically accomplished visual artists in Europe. In terms of his later work, I've never seen anything that even approaches the impact of his large piece Guernica ...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Torque wrote: My deal with it is why would you want the sound of another artist? Why not create your own palette?
because some people are not artists. some people learn to play guitar so they can play covers. in techno they try and copy Robert Hood.

why be yourself when you can be a fake Robert Hood?
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

C'mon chaps, why are we all trying to kid ourselves? Let's face it, 99% of what we are making has been done before. If you can honestly say that the music that you are making is unique and fresh, then you are well and truly blowing down into your big fat trombone.
In some way we are all doing the same sh!t. Robert Hood's sound is nothing new. The things that makes it stand out from the rest of us though is the quality of it. It's a cut a above what most of us a are striving to achieve.
The question is, is how do we get there?
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

(*)
Last edited by steevio on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
houseisafeeling
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by houseisafeeling »

thanks for all the help!! that's me off to experiment a bit more now
simonb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by simonb »

eggnchips wrote:
Torque wrote:It never ceases to amaze me when people want to ask questions like "How can i make this sound?"
When the artist that made the sound originally was thinking "How can i make a sound nobody else has made?"

Where's your sense of adventure?

It never ceases to amaze me the way that questions such as 'how can i make this sound?' raise such negative reactions on this forum.
It's a techno forum for advice and opinions on sound. People should be able to ask.
We as humans evolve by taking something that has already been done and improving it.

'To copy others is necessary, but to copy oneself is pathetic.'
Pablo Picasso

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with learning how to recreate a sound you admire when you're learning how to make music. If you are an "artist" then you'll soon enough figure out how to tweak that sound, use the techniques to make other sounds, use it in a different context, etc.

Learning synthesis/sound design is really hard, reconstructing sounds is one way to learn.