Legowelt's view on modular.

- ask away
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Legowelt's view on modular.

Post by Hades »

mate, you're always bragging on about how easy it is to make all this stuff, how about you all show us how easy you can do it ?
make an italo disco track, make a berghain techno track.
Good ones, no crappy sh!t.
If you can do that (which I highly doubt), I'm sure most of us will be happy to take you more seriously.
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

Hades wrote:mate, you're always bragging on about how easy it is to make all this stuff, how about you all show us how easy you can do it ?
If you can do that (which I highly doubt), I'm sure most of us will be happy to take you more seriously.
I may try and do it when I have time but I'm doing other stuff.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
Barfunkel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Barfunkel »

Hades wrote:mate, you're always bragging on about how easy it is to make all this stuff, how about you all show us how easy you can do it ?
I'd like to hear that too. Many things sound easy to make if you know nothing about the subject.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

Dal-Tech wrote:
I may try and do it when I have time but I'm doing other stuff.
we're all doing other stuff mate.
but we're not all saying how easy it is to make this or that or whatever.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I don't get how or why the complexity of a given track has anything whatsoever to do with what makes it good or not. Absolutely nothing IMO. Some of the greatest tracks ever are musically simplistic, and other are musically complex but the level of complexity is certainly not a benchmark on which to judge a given track. There's millions of people who could rewrite/cover a track but it doesn't mean the original is somehow 'less' because of it. Really strange... :?
blue lantern modules
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by blue lantern modules »

I just joined this forum, so first hello everyone. After reading through this post I can understand Danny Wolfer's aka Legowelt's point of view. He is musically trained and knows about chord progression, etc. He has said it before that melody is important to him. Sometimes people like to focus on the actual structure of track (song writing) your working on, and less on the journey of exploring sound. He does know modulars, enough to get him numerous record pressings, he did a few albums using an arp 2600 and paid for studio time at CEM studios. Even myself when I find the time to work on music production, I like to make dance music-not really noise exploring. Sometimes good bass line, cool chord lines are more important then finding the perfect sound/noise. Especially if it means taking over the session. Time is a very precious thing. Danny at one point has owned just about every vintage keyboard or at least borrowed one. I have owned a few classic synths myself and sold them off, it's no big deal which gear you use IMO.
We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

(*)
Last edited by steevio on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I'm hyperopiniated myself and often say stuff that can be really alienating and people can take it really seriously... a couple i was talking to called me an "arrogant bastard" at Freerotation (and they were probably right!)

Putting people in the spotlight is partly a fault of the music industry, where some people's opinion is treated with great reverence, and a broad selection of views is not represented.

Legowelt is apparantly close friends with Rob Hjordik who is a very gifted and prolific modular designer, and he put out the first release of a mutual friend Dennis AKA Mono-Poly.