tom ellis

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

tom ellis

Post by steevio »

i'm always banging on about analogue synthesis on here, but the best minimal techno ive heard in years was made purely with a sampler using nothing but sounds sampled from a printing house, no drum machines, no synths, no sample packs by my good friend Tom Ellis.

it puts all that loop sample pack bullshit to shame....this is real music, check this sh!t out;

http://soundcloud.com/archipel/sets/arc ... _VAgM0#_=_
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: tom ellis

Post by livecollective »

I have been doing a lot of creation through recording random noises to various formats of tape. Its turned out well. My upcoming Apollo (R&S Sister Label) release will be showcasing a lot of this sound.

This is the time for real music its easy to separate yourself from the masses, it comes down to how much you are willing to get out there and find your own sound... not the general sound.

Whether it be foray into modular, foray in tape, both, using only found sound for everything... its truly a great time to be a musician and to enjoy the experiment that comes along with the process.
Direkt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Direkt »

Massive fan of Archipel. Stuff they release is always mindblowing and has individuality and character. The attention to details is indeed amazing!
bam
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

I really like Tom's music. This tune is doing it for me at the moment:

Love that switch up midway through!
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

great tracks! Hopefully there'll be a cd release..
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

this is great.

Livecollective that's more positive than I think about things, but a welcome view.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Very cool stuff and a good example of sampler use in making music. What did he use to make the recordings, the quality sounds really good?