eventide

- ask away
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: eventide

Post by steevio »

oblioblioblio wrote:I feel exactly the same way. The Pitchfactor is literally the missing piece of the puzzle in my setup.

I probably wouldn't bother if I used software, I would rather have a crazy Reaktor or MaxMSP patch. But I don't have the patience to do something like that.

Yeah I think the H3000 is everywhere. I noticed the sound in a lot of places.
why do you think its the missing piece mate ?

just interested.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

All my analogue stuff with full total control can get 90% of what I want to say with machines, but to add some pitchshifted harmony to one complex FM voice. It expands it into something very orchestral, as it very musically preserves the original timbres of the input signal.

It sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSmBHnIydMA

My modular is still the total focal point, but some very high end digital trickery adds an awful lot more than I expected to the mix.

Maybe it's more significant with me becuase I only have a few oscillators in my set up.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

oblioblioblio wrote:All my analogue stuff with full total control can get 90% of what I want to say with machines, but to add some pitchshifted harmony to one complex FM voice. It expands it into something very orchestral, as it very musically preserves the original timbres of the input signal.

It sounds like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSmBHnIydMA

My modular is still the total focal point, but some very high end digital trickery adds an awful lot more than I expected to the mix.

Maybe it's more significant with me becuase I only have a few oscillators in my set up.
I sometimes envy the direct control the stompboxes offer, but then again, the H8000 has all of the stompboxes possibilities combined, 1500+ presets, and a dual engine. Plus I've got my H8000 connected via the mixer, so I can route anything through them. Stompboxes don't really look as if you will use them for many tracks at the same time. Of course you perfectly can, but anyways...
Eventide is really good at these massive FX, that create real depth and atmosphere.
There's this preset on my H8000 called "italo's space", and I swear it immediately gives me that Sabatini/Dozzy/Claudio PRC/... atmosphere.
Rather funny, with such a name.

Obviously, it's not like all of a sudden you'll make great tracks if you get eventide gear. But if your material wasn't that bad to begin with, you can sure "pimp it up" with running it through the eventide.
Dal-Tech
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dal-Tech »

I don't know if spending a lot of dosh on hi-end gear is worth it these days for the simple fact there is little money to be made.
Dal-Tech wrote: Everyone else is trying to be cool, not me.
hey everybody : I'm a douche !
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

Dal-Tech wrote:I don't know if spending a lot of dosh on hi-end gear is worth it these days for the simple fact there is little money to be made.
money to be made ??? (-)

no offence, but man I think we come from different planets !
I only got myself my music studio because I absolutely love music and sound with all my heart.
It's the one thing I've decided not to cut corners for, because I'm not a "high-maintenance" person in all other aspects of life, trust me.
It's just that I completely love music and sound, and want it to be/sound as good as possible.
Whether or not I ever make a single dime out of it is completely irrelevant. 8)

So you're seriously saying that it ain't worth it if you won't gain any money out of it ??
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Dal-Tech wrote:I don't know if spending a lot of dosh on hi-end gear is worth it these days for the simple fact there is little money to be made.
If you think that way, is there any point in anything these days? lol

Personally, i do it for myself.
if i never make a bean doing it, i wont ever stop. if i have £2000 i will be spending it on gear, if i have £10 i will spend it on gear.

Its all about the sound mate...
Money bah, thats so 1994.....
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

I saw this Wolfgang Voigt interview a couple of nights ago.
He said something like :
"well, since there is no more money to be made out of record sales these days,
I don't have to worry if something lies good in the market or not,
and that's in fact a great liberation these days when it comes to making music ! "

:lol:
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

lem wrote: if i have £2000 i will be spending it on gear, if i have £10 i will spend it on gear.
I completely agree !
When I started I bought used analog synths for 200€ cause it was all I could afford, and I specifically looked for the models that were repairable in case anything went wrong. I drove all the way to Amsterdam to get a cheap used mixer that served me well for years untill I finally upgraded this year.
I drove 4 hours to some tiny town in Germany to buy a used pair of mackie's.
It was all well worth it.
I had just as much fun making music with them as I have with the higher end gear now,
and I only started to look into the higher end stuff when life ironic little ways left me with less loved ones but more cash...

like lem said, if it's your passion, if it's what makes you happy, you won't mind spending 10€ if you have only 15 in total.
And you won't mind spending a bit more if you have a bit more.
(Just as long as you use it, for christ sakes !!! I hate seeing studios from people that just had money to spend and don't even know how to connect things properly. It's just so sad, and such a waste !!)