eventide

- ask away
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: eventide

Post by oblioblioblio »

with Reaktor you have the option of making it your own at the deepest level. that's more valuable to me than really clean high end code.

Some of the ensembles in Reaktor are not to be laughed at. Space Master is a great sounding reverb.

It's true that some of the stuff at the highest end is really worth it's weight in gold. But for me, to be able to be really creative with the code is equally valuable. (if you have the patience that is)
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

tone-def wrote:I don't think Reaktor is the same quality. It's a fantastic program but just compare the reverbs.
it's not the same.
I have Reaktor here, and of course it goes very deep, and is a massively creative tool,
but you can't honestly say it's at the same level with Eventide sound quality wise.

I like tangents ! :lol:

regarding the message in electronical music.
well, maybe the word "message" makes me think too much of someone trying to convince you of something,
(I did study theology for 5 years a long long time ago, so that figures... :lol: )
or some ego-loser blowing up some tiny emotion into some crappy song.
if you're talking about a form of communication, then I guess you have a very good point !
(does that make your message better than my message ? ;) )

(all this message-talk reminds me of when my father in law was in China a couple of years ago, and they phoned up to his room to say
"do you want message ?". He says "yes" thinking someone called him, and next thing he knows there's this hot chinese chick in his room to give him a massage...)
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

So is the plugin the same as the hardware then? That reverb box looks dope.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

if you've got the dosh I would just get the space, especially if you're using mainly outboard. My pitchfactor sounds unbelievable. Even my fully analogue signal sounds better going into it.

If I was ITB I would probably get the Valhalla DSP reverbs instead... dunno why. I hear good things about them.

The H3000 plugin might be worth looking at. The original unit was all DSP inside so the plugin should work. It's multi effect with reverbs and harmonizers.You might want to check some reviews to make sure it's good.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

oblioblioblio wrote:Even my fully analogue signal sounds better going into it.

yes, absolutely.
I can change the sample rate settings in my H8000, and it's standard on 48kHz, but it's not the 3900 extra Hz that make the difference I'm sure.
I guess it's just the quality of the AD/DA convertors ?
Everything I run through it sounds better coming out.