Who needs headphones anyway ?

- ask away
Militikie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Militikie »

Mr Luke may think cd will take the place of vinyl but i`m sure he is wrong. Vinyl profits are this year higher then the years before 8) .

on a more personal account i think cd`s can be handy, but they miss the sound of a needle grindin the grooves of a record. Vinyl sounds often more warm then cd.

besides this all why should we listen to a commercial fastfood-dj like laidback luke :wink:
braz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by braz »

Militikie wrote:Mr Luke may think cd will take the place of vinyl but i`m sure he is wrong. Vinyl profits are this year higher then the years before 8) .

on a more personal account i think cd`s can be handy, but they miss the sound of a needle grindin the grooves of a record. Vinyl sounds often more warm then cd.

besides this all why should we listen to a commercial fastfood-dj like laidback luke :wink:
commercial fastfood-dj? Laidback luke? I can imagine Luke's music isnt youre cup of tea, but he deserves more credit. Just because he's a commercial succes, doesnt make him a less good dj. What about villalobos then? He is very populair at the moment, but is he also a fastfood-dj?
On topic: i think cd will have the future. Most releases will appear om vinyl, but i think more and more dj's will convert this to cd, so they can put the original vinyl aside so it wont 'damage'due to heavy use. The same reasen why some dj's use final scratch.
Militikie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Militikie »

braz wrote:
Militikie wrote:Mr Luke may think cd will take the place of vinyl but i`m sure he is wrong. Vinyl profits are this year higher then the years before 8) .

commercial fastfood-dj? Laidback luke? I can imagine Luke's music isnt youre cup of tea, but he deserves more credit. Just because he's a commercial succes, doesnt make him a less good dj. What about villalobos then? He is very populair at the moment, but is he also a fastfood-dj?
On topic: i think cd will have the future. Most releases will appear om vinyl, but i think more and more dj's will convert this to cd, so they can put the original vinyl aside so it wont 'damage'due to heavy use. The same reasen why some dj's use final scratch.
ok, your right, i was a little bit hard there. i take back the fast food part, but i still think he is too commercial in his ways. i think he changed his style just for more succes not to make it more pure or something, just to get more acces to a larger audience who would like him and pay money to see him. that's something ricardo villalobos shouldn't do , i think( i hope :wink: ).
If Luke wants to do it ok, but i think it is a little bit like selling out. But ,hey, that`s just my opinion and i heard Laidback Luke playing good sets in the past but the last few times i heard him it was bad
braz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by braz »

i dont hope you're right. heard some good sets from him (a while ago) and i booked him for my first party, HEMELS!. He better perform cos he costs al lot. :!:
mattenglund
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mattenglund »

I can't imagine any one using these for anything but on-stage performance.
In-Ear monitors are so you can get a mix (IN-EAR) not through a wedge on stage with conflicting ambient sound. If anyone woud be using these for Djing they are wasting money......and lots of it.

M
You're staring at a piece of furniture!
People on TV are not your friends. They're not in the room with you. You are alone in the dark, staring at a plastic box.
alikhan
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by alikhan »

these look like pretty nice headphones, but i agree... they are probably designed to be substitutes for stage monitors in live settings.

i like the marketing spin on their website... 'could be used with ipods or mp3 players'. yeah... $900 ipod headphones! yikes... it's like saying a porsche could be used to drive kids to school. :P

j
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

personally, i find using headphones for producing invaluable... couldn't do what I do without em!
IndigoRez
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by IndigoRez »

For some reason having a powerful headphone shoved inside your ear to me seems dangerous..especially when sooner or later you will have to turn it up due to tired ears. I'll keep my headphones outside my eardrum..
or maybe I'm an old fart who doen't like change.. :D
-Indy-/ Layborn