How do i make this synth?

- ask away
Tibe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: How do i make this synth?

Post by Tibe »

hydrogen wrote:
tone-def wrote:I didn't listen to the track but if I was to make a synth I'd start by reading up on DSP for digital stuff and electronics for analogue. I guess you could use something like Reaktor but that might be to easy for you. I don't know really.
:lol: :lol:

There were two synths in there chord stab and the background portomento thing. Which one?

Both of these sounds could be done on an elektron monomachine.
the chord stab. not the portamento thing
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Tibe... look up dub chords on this forum and ignore the stuff where it talks about using a delay. :)

if you can't find anything using the search... use google... and do site:mnml.nl +dub +chords

Should get you going!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
Tibe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tibe »

hydrogen wrote:Tibe... look up dub chords on this forum and ignore the stuff where it talks about using a delay. :)

if you can't find anything using the search... use google... and do site:mnml.nl +dub +chords

Should get you going!

nice, hope it works!
Tibe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tibe »

hydrogen wrote:Tibe... look up dub chords on this forum and ignore the stuff where it talks about using a delay. :)

Should get you going!
well, i can't seem to find anything. it's all for tech house, but this must be much harder and stuff...
Sicc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sicc »

Sounds like a few saw waves, with very short notes and some spanking compression. in a high octave.
Sicc
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Sicc »

Tibe wrote:

Should get you going!
well, i can't seem to find anything. it's all for tech house, but this must be much harder and stuff...
Dont give up. dub chords and stabs in general are some of the most simple types of patches to design. there are a lot of great tuts out there to design them.

Typically you start with 1-3 simple saw waves, lp filter on all of them, increase the filter envelope all the way up (unless you plan on doing some insane automation), add your taste of delay and a long reverb, played in a chord like cminor and you got a dub stab. its very simple, and sounds shitty at first until you begin to play with paramaters and different effects. very fun stuff.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Sicc wrote:
Tibe wrote:

Should get you going!
Dont give up. dub chords and stabs in general are some of the most simple types of patches to design. there are a lot of great tuts out there to design them.

Typically you start with 1-3 simple saw waves, lp filter on all of them, increase the filter envelope all the way up (unless you plan on doing some insane automation), add your taste of delay and a long reverb, played in a chord like cminor and you got a dub stab. its very simple, and sounds shitty at first until you begin to play with paramaters and different effects. very fun stuff.
Check the vid ...http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=58550

Yup... should be really straight forward! he arrives at a decent answer for you around 4:00 in the vid. that stab is right there... you should be able to sculpt from there... beyond that he turns it into a dub chord (which isn't what you want...) but I suggest to get a book on synthesis or follow some tutorials there are some great links on this site for that!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest