marcel dettmann bass

- ask away
Kleig
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: marcel dettmann bass

Post by Kleig »

The thing that is in from the very beginning sounds a lot like an 808 maracas with a few lowpassed dotted delays doing the interesting rhythm around it. There's also a little bit of reverb and some of its highest frequencies have been taken out of the sound. Put the beats on the backbeat the drum, but not precisely. When you place any of the notes, turn all grid snapping off. Drag some of them just a bit further in the timing.

You could also take one 808 maracas stem to make the steady beat with it, then create another stem for that maracas, put a lowpass automation around it and place these around the steady beats with much lower, but changing velocities.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

loopdon wrote:
If one thing has been the biggest hinderance to me over al those years it's been:
you don't do this, you don't do that.
Haha, Quote of the year that one. That could have been me saying that. I'm a bit of a nut job though and always do the opposite of what people tell me is 'right' ( not just in music either ) But, by doing so, you at least try out what it is that is 'wrong'. The worst thing you can ever do, is let Internet forums or labels dictate you musical direction, and hey, I swear, it's easily done. I know this from experience.

Don't forget that music is pure freedom of expression, so do whatever you feel you need to do and if it sounds good, I say have the confidence to go with it... :)
nonplaced
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nonplaced »

Kleig wrote:I'd appreciate it if you could link me to one song with that characteristic low end rumble.

Pretty good instance of it, I believe.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

AK wrote:
loopdon wrote:
If one thing has been the biggest hinderance to me over al those years it's been:
you don't do this, you don't do that.
Haha, Quote of the year that one. That could have been me saying that. I'm a bit of a nut job though and always do the opposite of what people tell me is 'right' ( not just in music either ) But, by doing so, you at least try out what it is that is 'wrong'. The worst thing you can ever do, is let Internet forums or labels dictate you musical direction, and hey, I swear, it's easily done. I know this from experience.

Don't forget that music is pure freedom of expression, so do whatever you feel you need to do and if it sounds good, I say have the confidence to go with it... :)

+2

do what you want. no point listening to others really as everyone chooses a different path. if you took everyones advice on here you actually wouldnt be making any music because apparently you're not allowed to do anything.
ICN
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ICN »

AK wrote:
Just dont mention Bass Chords - JOKE!! :P :lol:

haha
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

always saw Corebox as a stripped down version of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zk-ItfNpR4
both great tracks in their own right.