Youtubemp3

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Youtubemp3

Post by AK »

I don't know the legal status of this so mods feel free to warn me or remove the post but in the meantime:

When on YT, open a new tab, go to Google and type 'youtubemp3', click the first link and proceed to paste the url from the track you are on in the youtube tab. It's all like 128 as far as I can tell but I have mp3's of some records that aren't even being done any longer. Previously, I had to record youtube output into wavelab or look on soulseek. Don't get me wrong, I buy music, but I thought this might be a good thing to know. Feel free to crucify me if it's not, I can handle it.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Youtubemp3

Post by hydrogen »

thanks! this will be great for listening tunes in the car although 128 hurts my soul!!
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

hydrogen wrote:thanks! this will be great for listening tunes in the car although 128 hurts my soul!!
True thing that bro. I buy music, too bloody much, I never meant to post it as a warez thing whatsoever. I hope it didn't come over as such.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

AK wrote:True thing that bro. I buy music, too bloody much, I never meant to post it as a warez thing whatsoever. I hope it didn't come over as such.
doesn't seem like a warez thing at all... you can stream music like this so whats the different of having it on demand?

This is why vinyl is making a slight comeback... because there are a few that understand that.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

offliberty

great for getting samples....
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

if you're on mac there's an easier way to do it:

"If you're using Safari, there's an easy way to download YouTube videos. Open the page with the movie and press Command-Option-A, which shows the Activity window. If you're also loading other sites, you'll see a list of them: scroll until you find the YouTube page and click on the arrow to show details about what is being loaded.

You will certainly notice an element whose size is over 0.5MB (most of the time, over 5MB). Double-click on it (even if it is still loading), and Safari will download it. When the download is over, navigate to the file in the Finder (which will probably be called get_video) and add the extension .flv to its name. Now you can play it with VLC or with QuickTime (only if you have Perian installed)."

see: http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?s ... 0014456930

this way, if you're playing video in HD on youtube, there's a good change the audio file will be better than normal!
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

Youtube sounds so sh!t, I would never want to download it for listening in the car or whatever.
Maiyal
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Maiyal »

Wait people are just realizing this now? This has been around for ages. :o