loops/ bitches or saints?

- ask away
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: loops/ bitches or saints?

Post by ray parry »

there is no way it took anyone 10mins to learn how to beat match. are you saying that after 10mins you were as good as you were after years and years?

i think conservative is the wrong word to use. There is a better word, but I cant remember it. The same word could be used to describe a blacksmith.
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

@optX: yeah maybe out of context...but there was this bitter undertone in your comment like "i worked so hard to get the skill of beatmatching and now there is the this evil sync button"...because this and the "warmth" of vinyl are the dead-beating arguments of the conservative "true pro vinyl" DJ's (yeah, i call them so and i don't don't give a flying fook)...
there was no offense aimed at you...if you felt so,i'm sorry for that

@ray parry: how can you know that there is "no way" that anyone could learn beatmatching in 10 mins.? did you ever heard of the gift called talent(not pointed at me)?...all i said was,i understood the "system" behind matching two records within 10 minutes...i mixed two records in sync in 10 fookin' mins after somebody showed me how to do that...what's so hard about that you don't believe that?

if you understand how beatmatching works what more can you improve on that skill except getting faster?

read again my "bike-statement"...only because you can ride a bike doesn't mean that you are a pro-mountain biker...but you can ride the fookin' bike....damn...
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

Mono-xID wrote:@optX: yeah maybe out of context...but there was this bitter undertone in your comment like "i worked so hard to get the skill of beatmatching and now there is the this evil sync button"...because this and the "warmth" of vinyl are the dead-beating arguments of the conservative "true pro vinyl" DJ's (yeah, i call them so and i don't don't give a flying fook)...

@ray parry: how can you know that there is "no way" that anyone could learn beatmatching in 10 mins.? did you ever heard of the gift called talent(not pointed at me)?...all i said was,i understood the "system" behind matching two records within 10 minutes...i mixed two records in sync in 10 fookin' mins after somebody showed me how to do that...what's so hard about that you don't believe that?

if you understand how beatmatching works what more can you improve on that skill except getting faster?

read again my "bike-statement"...only because you can ride a bike doesn't mean that you are a pro-mountain biker...but you can ride the fookin' bike....damn...
learnt how to beatmatch to me would mean, you could mix two records seamlessly together without them clanging. I don't believe anyone can learn that in 10mins. im just disagreeing with you, because your comment suggested that it was easy and could be done in 10mins. anyone can learn to dj for sure, but in 10mins I doubt it. Perhaps you got the principles down, but its not possible to get as good as say the sync buttons in the digital software. should that not be the comparison? Its actually a lot easier to mix on cds/traktor then it is vinyl as well. It takes a lot more skill to mix vinyl then any other format. I find once you find the tempo on cds it just stays in sync.
optX
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by optX »

Mono-xid : no problem mate. so much people are djing digitally nowadays and I never felt like the sound is "digital" while dancing - so no, no vinyl-is-better-attitude here.
When I was new to djing everybody was using vinyl or cd. It felt like a handcraft to me which one has to learn (not just beatmatching). Then traktor came and it wasn`t the same handcraft for me anymore. Just my own example of what I thought about that topic at that time. Nowadays I am often the guy who tells people to calm down and let the guys dj however they want to.

It didn`t take me long to beatmatch per se (still more then 10min.), but it took a lot of practice to beatmatch fast and tight.
But anyway, I am not djing at clubs and never did, just private for fun.

Back to loops mates!
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

Mono-xID wrote:@optX: yeah maybe out of context...but there was this bitter undertone in your comment like "i worked so hard to get the skill of beatmatching and now there is the this evil sync button"...because this and the "warmth" of vinyl are the dead-beating arguments of the conservative "true pro vinyl" DJ's (yeah, i call them so and i don't don't give a flying fook)...

It made me laugh because you gave the impression like you were club ready in 10 minutes. Just because you got the idea of it doesn't mean that you learnt how to beatmatch. It takes a little bit more than that.
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

you don't get or???? you misunderstood me completely..again...all i said was,i understood the "system" of matching 2 records within 10 min. for fooks sake....i never said that i matched 2 records and thought i could rock a club next night...i'm not retarted...
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

well what are you trying to say? anyone who understands time signatures should understand the system before even touching a deck. doesn't mean they will be able to mix in ten minutes. you might have got lucky, if you were only matching snares then that probably was the case. it might have been completely out of phase and your untrained ear might not have noticed because all your doing is listening to the snare.
Mono-xID
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mono-xID »

man..read my posts...friend showed me...i tried...it worked....it's not that i READ about beatmatching theories and i managed it practicaly....

yes...the snare is the constant rhythmic element in Drum N Bass,so i listen to it while matching the records...to what else should i listen to matching records to the same speed?...to leads or pads maybe????

did you ever tried to match breakcore records???....there beatmatching might be a hard skill...but techno/minimal is quite easy to learn imo...

but i give up....i don't care if ya'll believe me.... :roll: