make music then what...?

- ask away
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: make music then what...?

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

simonb wrote:Off-topic I know but I think the thread's all the better for having veered off...
Bah! Forget the OP, we are on our own thing now.
steevio wrote:maybe you've got gaelic / celtic roots ?
Probably a little. I am french, scottish, irish, and english but I think that my english part might actually be more welshy from the research I have done. I really wish people kept better records about family history. It gets very obscure and complicated pretty fast. My family has been in Canada from between the 1600's to the 1800's depending which branch you are looking at. That is something that I find interesting concerning my attraction to Gaelic music and culture. I grew up with practically no exposure to such influences, yet when I hear the language and the music it strikes a chord in me. It is kind of embarrassing to admit but it actually makes me feel kind of emotional for no reason and I am not generally a very emotional person. I wonder if there is some sort of genetic imprint that makes me feel that way or if it is just such a beautiful language that I just feel that way for no reason.
dyte
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: make music then what...?

Post by dyte »

simonb wrote:Off-topic I know but I think the thread's all the better for having veered off...

If we're talking about insults and accents then us Scots have a lot to say ;)

I live in Glasgow and was brought up 30 miles away in central Scotland and the accents of the two places are pretty different, then the accents further east in Edinburgh and Fife have their own twangs too. Further northeast can get quite strange,
Aye, the NE has some odd chat/accents, however it's nothing compared to those hailing from Wick and the surrounding area, can't understand a word! The variety of accents is amazing considering the size of the country.