- ask away
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: make music then what...?

Post by luco »

steevio wrote:
luco wrote:

why would a established label owner have a slow internet connection in this digital realm?
try living in the mountains of Wales bro

i did used to live in llanberis
luco
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by luco »

this has confirmed my thoughts that this palce is fukin useless.....full of derps who think there musicains but can only produce minimal and blame there lack of knowledge on a genre that has got fuk all in it...derps
kivetros
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by kivetros »

-K
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

luco wrote:BECAUSE WHY WOULD I WANT TO SIT AND PERFECT A MIX TO MY TASTE WHEN THERE COULD BE A MAJOR FLAW THAT COULD BE SIMPLY CHANGED AT AN EARLY STAGE. SURLY A BUILD AND DROP WOULD SUFFICE?
IN YOUR OPINION WHAT DO LABELS REALLY LOOK FOR ARRANGEMENT/ SOUND DESIGN / OTHER IMAGE ETC??
DO U BELIEVE THAT EVERY ARTIST MAKES/PRODUCERS THERE OWN TRACKS? even WHEN THERE ARE BETTER PRODUCERS ON THE LABEL???
ps sorry for the capitals
I can't believe that I am even responding to one of your posts but...
What makes you think that any label would take someone seriously if they submit what amounts to nothing but a short loop? You need to understand that you are competing with a world full of others who are doing the same thing. A build and a drop doesn't amount to much. That kind of thinking is the reason there are so many boring, repetitive tracks out there. Guys trying to extend a little loop into a 8 minute track. Being able to produce a full length track that is interesting throughout is a challenge. I don't think many people can do it to be honest. Not even the ones who are successful in the industry.

Lets put it this way... if you were a designer, engineer or an architect and you walked into a job interview with a bunch of half finished, vaugely conceived ideas, drawings, or schematics chances are they will say well that's nice but can you actually finish a job to completion? Do you have what it takes to make this business work? Can you produce a finished product? If someone else comes to the same interview with a portfolio full of finished work that is respectable I guarantee they will get the job pretty much every time. Competition is a hard fact of life. Just because you attempt something and even if you try really hard there is no guarantee that you will succeed or that anyone will even care. You need to one up the competition. Thats not going to happen by doing a half assed job and acting disrespectful pretty much seals your fate. For a guy who feels that getting 'signed' is your only path to success you are not getting into the right mental state about the venture...

I can't help but get the feeling from some of your posts that you are more concerned with getting signed then actually producing music.

@kivetros, lol, funny. That pic reminds me of Saddam Hussein a bit.

PS. What the hell is a DERP? You Brits have the silliest insults.
Shepherd_of_Anu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shepherd_of_Anu »

NoAffiliation wrote:don't do that. it will perceptually devalue the work and your image. once you get known then you can put random unreleased stuff on soundcloud and it will increase your worth
How can your image or work be devalued if they are non-existent in the minds of people? If you have no history or examples of your production then perception of your work or image is kind of a moot subject.
luco wrote:if i put it it on soundcloud would labels still want it ?
Probably not, unless its really good. I have sometimes seen things on Soundcloud that one day disappeared because someone wanted to pick it up. That being said, just because you put some music up on soundcloud and give everyone free access doesn't mean that you are unable to produce more music. If people really like your stuff and you contact labels to make them aware of your music and they like it, then when you make music in the future they may be more interested. If they like your style then tell them you will get in contact with them next time you have a good project on the go.

Just because you give something away you make today doesn't mean that you can't make more tomorrow. Unless the well of creativity has a bottom... sometimes I wonder about that. Maybe we are only given so much in a lifetime.
ray parry
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ray parry »

cant we just ban luco?

he's prob just a troll wasting everyones time. there is no way one person can be as stupid as this!

and Luco, if you are for real. jesus crist!! i feel sorry for you.
Last edited by ray parry on Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

Shepherd_of_Anu wrote:
NoAffiliation wrote:don't do that. it will perceptually devalue the work and your image. once you get known then you can put random unreleased stuff on soundcloud and it will increase your worth
How can your image or work be devalued if they are non-existent in the minds of people? If you have no history or examples of your production then perception of your work or image is kind of a moot subject.
luco wrote:if i put it it on soundcloud would labels still want it ?
Probably not, unless its really good. I have sometimes seen things on Soundcloud that one day disappeared because someone wanted to pick it up. That being said, just because you put some music up on soundcloud and give everyone free access doesn't mean that you are unable to produce more music. If people really like your stuff and you contact labels to make them aware of your music and they like it, then when you make music in the future they may be more interested. If they like your style then tell them you will get in contact with them next time you have a good project on the go.

Just because you give something away you make today doesn't mean that you can't make more tomorrow. Unless the well of creativity has a bottom... sometimes I wonder about that. Maybe we are only given so much in a lifetime.
mmm i don't know if that's true. maybe only for tracks that are downloadable on soundcloud... but i've put up a lot of stuff on my soundcloud (undownloadable) and virtually everything is released. in my case, it even was the other way around; labels noticed my music trough soundcloud and asked me if i wanted to release it...
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

luco wrote:
steevio wrote:
luco wrote:

why would a established label owner have a slow internet connection in this digital realm?
try living in the mountains of Wales bro

i did used to live in llanberis
so you must know Dewi Evans, everyone in Llanberis knows Dewi,

Dydd Gŵyl Dewi Sant Hapus !!!