Audio Interface

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Audio Interface

Post by hydrogen »

Phase Ghost wrote:For the money, I'd go with Echo. When I have to replace my Pro 40, I'll be going back to Echo. Everyone talks about RME being the holy grail of converters or some sh!t, but unless your sound card was made in the 90's, any sound card is going to sound just fine. I remember a blind recording comparison posted up to gearslutz a year or two ago between Echo Audiofire, RME Fireface and something else. The results were completely across the board and the reply's guessing which was which were just that....guessing.
For me the RME for me has nothing to do with the converters. People wouldn't be able to do a blind test on most converters i'm sure... its all about the Drivers. RME has the best I've used. Since going RME i don't have those same latency and driver issues that I had with other cards. When I plug the RME in its go time, total mix and the matrix are really simple interfaces and I really feel that I can just get to work.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
spire
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spire »

I picked up the Steinberg UR28M a few weeks ago and I love it.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

spire wrote:I picked up the Steinberg UR28M a few weeks ago and I love it.
i'm interested in the MR816. i always read good things about the Yamaha/Steinberg converters and want to give it a try.
spire
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spire »

tone-def wrote:i'm interested in the MR816. i always read good things about the Yamaha/Steinberg converters and want to give it a try.
I haven't used it personally but from what I've experienced with the UR28M, Steinberg/Yamaha know what they're doing when it comes to making interfaces.

I was originally looking into either getting the MOTU Ultralite Mk3 or the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, but ended up getting the steiny instead and I couldn't be happier.