key matches

- ask away
mehta
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: key matches

Post by mehta »

Mostly popping in to say great release Steevio, your tracks have real personality and it's obvious you aren't afraid to delve into some specific and somewhat restricted material. Any chance I could paypal you for a digital copy?

As for mixing music, I never think about the key of my tracks and can't imagine using software to tell me what to mix, but on a good night it's always surprising how deeply some tracks can blend. But overall, I think it's a lot more important for a DJ to notice the dancefloor vibe and take some chances rather than perfectly reproduce a canned set.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

mehta wrote:Mostly popping in to say great release Steevio, your tracks have real personality and it's obvious you aren't afraid to delve into some specific and somewhat restricted material. Any chance I could paypal you for a digital copy?

As for mixing music, I never think about the key of my tracks and can't imagine using software to tell me what to mix, but on a good night it's always surprising how deeply some tracks can blend. But overall, I think it's a lot more important for a DJ to notice the dancefloor vibe and take some chances rather than perfectly reproduce a canned set.
hi mehta,
thanks for the props mate.
it's not released digitally yet, not sure when i'm going to do that, but it will be on Beatport and Juno.

i could also sell you the tracks directly if you want, but not until the vinyl has been around for a little while longer.

yeah the canned set thing, i totally agree, i think that a good DJ knows his tunes well enough to know which ones key match, and through practice at home knows the ones which clash badly, so sets dont need to be planned if you know your box well enough.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

I never really understood why people plan sets. You could plan this really nice deep set, turn up at the club and the dj before you is banging it out and your nice deep set wouldn't make any sense.
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

::BLM:: wrote:I never really understood why people plan sets. You could plan this really nice deep set, turn up at the club and the dj before you is banging it out and your nice deep set wouldn't make any sense.
its an unavoidable problem sometimes if you're playing live, its bad planning on the promoters behalf, but usually they get it somewhere near right.
i certainly wouldnt play my live set faster or harder just because the guy before me was banging it out, sometimes its nice to drop it down and change the tone.

check your messages Ben
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

::BLM:: wrote:I never really understood why people plan sets. You could plan this really nice deep set, turn up at the club and the dj before you is banging it out and your nice deep set wouldn't make any sense.
best thing to do is just let the guys record play out and when the music stops start clapping. it's like a restart.
obviously don't clap if he was sh!t.