Simple Drum Loop Question..

- ask away
ZANDERHAY
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Simple Drum Loop Question..

Post by ZANDERHAY »

Yo, recently started producing deep groovy house.. im sure this is a really simple question and something i cant quite put my finger on when it comes to making my own drum loops. How do you guys make your 'drum fills'?
how there is kick, snare, kick, snare (with hats also) and then a kind of drum fill at the end which keeps it interesting, that it what im looking for..

for example;

http://soundcloud.com/jesseperez/jesse- ... ts-gangsta

and also this..

http://soundcloud.com/crowtherc1/chris- ... ve-mi-amor

Do many people use vst drum machines or should i invest in a cheap sampler? As just now im simply placing out one shots in abletons drum rack..
any help or advice would be sweet..
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Simple Drum Loop Question..

Post by tsankip »

You can do this easilly in Ableton or anywhere or with anything. Just choose a snare you like and place it around with variations.
ZANDERHAY
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ZANDERHAY »

still having a little trouble making this sound, as much as i hate having to have it spelled out for me your answer was rather vague..
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

tsankip wrote:You can do this easilly in Ableton or anywhere or with anything. Just choose a snare you like and place it around with variations.

this

i only listened to the first track but all i heard was some extra snares thrown. just loop a bar and experiment with placing the snares wherever you like.
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

you prolly need to look into groove setting in your midi clips and using the triplet grid

or likes been said just place the samples where YOU want them to hit - Try holding down alt and shift the sample to the right 8)