looking for a new synth

- ask away
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: looking for a new synth

Post by Rein »

thanks for all the great advice... the sh101 is exactly what i was looking for... lovely synth! currently i use the external clock in, triggered by a operator peaking @ 6 db in ableton, with a saw3 wave @ c1. i've also got a doepfer unit for midi to cv, but i've got everything set up for a live set tonight, don't want to mess it up.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Wow you got that quick! :shock:
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

How did you come across that waveform for triggering it? I was thinking along the lines of what the TR-808 trig waveform thing would be like - ( I forget what its called ) I guess if it works, it works. I couldn't get mine to work with a saw, it wasn't stable. I sent it a Pulse and that worked but there was a small sweet spot on the duty cycle and it also seemed a little unstable. The impulse wave from the Machinedrum ended up being the best for me. try it if you want, I sampled it and put it online for someone else to try but its still up : http://www.mediafire.com/?4e2d75h7gbh515d
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

AK wrote:How did you come across that waveform for triggering it? I was thinking along the lines of what the TR-808 trig waveform thing would be like - ( I forget what its called ) I guess if it works, it works. I couldn't get mine to work with a saw, it wasn't stable. I sent it a Pulse and that worked but there was a small sweet spot on the duty cycle and it also seemed a little unstable. The impulse wave from the Machinedrum ended up being the best for me. try it if you want, I sampled it and put it online for someone else to try but its still up : http://www.mediafire.com/?4e2d75h7gbh515d
o i read your post about the sh101 being hard to set up... so i knew it would be a problem and tried many different settings. i think the main trick in my case was to put the output to +6.0db in ableton. at 0.0db i couldn't get it to work (it will skip notes or trigger a super fast sequence). thanks for the sample! the decay of the sound also has a big impact btw! setting it too high causes a fast sequence, setting it too low will cause missing notes....