zed 14

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

zed 14

Post by ::BLM:: »

anyone got one of these? any good?

can you bipass the soundcard part of the mixer and use your own?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: zed 14

Post by AK »

If it operates as a standard analogue mixer then yeah, I would imagine so ( I don't know 100% ) It's not buss powered and has main outs, so you can bypass the need for it to be an interface by simply not plugging it into the USB port, just feed a pair of outs to your audio interface. I have an Alesis mixer which has a USB interface option but I don't use it and just go into my Focusrite interface.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

how is it powered though?

im sure i read somewhere that there is no power supply and tht it runs off usb.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

No power supply? Maybe no adapter attatched to the power supply but it will def have a power supply because USB can't output the power needed to run something like that. I think USB-2 is around 5v or something max. The Zed-14 would be powered by mains.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

There's the socket, just a standard kettle lead. I think you might have read that it didn't come with a power adapter and took that as meaning it was buss powered. The no adapter thing would just mean your kettle lead goes straight to the wall socket/extension lead and not have the big adapter in the middle of the connection like a lot of things. The USB would just be to transfer audio - which is USB1 btw.
Last edited by AK on Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

Tesla ignites a fury of electricity. This is how it's powered. Seriously tho... It comes with one of those computer cables, the psu is in the box.

It's a cool mixer. The long faders are awesome!!! I wish it had more channels. I just thought it took to much space on the desk so I traded it in for patchbays.

Im thinking about mixers again... Maybe the sound craft spirit mixer.
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

"Enginneered in England by Allen & heath" BUILT IN CHINA

Why? Cheap labour? Image

Does my head in when I read sh!t like that. British companies sending work abroad and ruining the economy, I thought these guys built their mixers here! What they gonna do now the basic wage increases in China as the economy grows?

Will we see, "Engineered in England by Allen & Heath" Built in India? That's what companies do who are trying to pinch pennies, well either India, Cambodia or Vietnam!
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

hydrogen wrote:Tesla ignites a fury of electricity. This is how it's powered. Seriously tho... It comes with one of those computer cables, the psu is in the box.

It's a cool mixer. The long faders are awesome!!! I wish it had more channels. I just thought it took to much space on the desk so I traded it in for patchbays.

Im thinking about mixers again... Maybe the sound craft spirit mixer.
see im limited for space, which is why i want a small mixer. the measurements of this desk fit exactly into the free space that i have.

just looking for something thats more hands on and that i can use some deley pedals with on the aux's.