electric piano

- ask away
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: electric piano

Post by tone-def »

right, i've just had a look at samples from Rhodes mk1, Rhodes mk2, Wurlitzer EP100 and EP200. all playing C3 and the harmonics was the same as the other one i posted. the Wurliters had higher harmonics and something big up at 919Hz.

i haven't got any samples of Roland electric pianos. i don't think i've heard one.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

steevio wrote:
bro did you not download that oscilloscope / analyser i posted a while ago ?
I downloaded and used Spectrum analyser pro but it was incorrect and wasn't displaying the right frequencies ( I tested it with a number of things to make sure it wasn't me ) and then I went to the link that you put but couldn't find a free one. No worries.

Is that the waveforms for an EP - Triangle?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Ahhh, oscillators 'sync', I tried that with just the interval and cent difference and it sounded awful, when syncing osc 2 to osc 1 and using that difference with triangle waveforms, it sounds like a decent EP grounding.....

( Cheers tone-def, will try that analyser out )
steevio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by steevio »

ther's deffo a free one there mate, i only downloaded it again a few days ago when i got a new PC,

its called Visual Analyser....http://www.sillanumsoft.org/prod01.htm

i seriously recommend you download it. its the best ive found and its an oscilloscope, analyser etc.. all in one
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I don't think I saw that, cheers, I'll go check it out...
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

I just read something and it reminded me of this thread. The article was in relation to a Radiohead 'dreamy Pianos' but it was about the 2nd oscillator that reminded me of this.

I don't know how relevant it is to mention what the first osc was doing but I will anyways. Patch consists of a skinny pulse for the 1st osc, about 10-20 percent. A 24lp filter with cut off all the way down and the filter env amount knob set to about 55% and filter envelope section: fast attack, medium decay, sustain to 90%, 50% release ( similar amp env settings )

Now the second oscillator in this patch is where I thought of this thread. Here it uses a triangle wave, firstly, 2 octaves higher, then 9 semitones higher and then 50 cents higher too. It's supposed to mimic that 'tine' on a Rhodes, but in a synthy fashion.