FXpansion Tremor (VST/AU)

- ask away
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

FXpansion Tremor (VST/AU)

Post by hydrogen »

Lots of hardware talk these days... but this caught my eye...

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=167&tab=405

looks very capable. i wish i could get drumspillage but i'm now running osx and win7. :/
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: FXpansion Tremor (VST/AU)

Post by AK »

Sounds really good, polyrhythmic pattern sequencer too. Yeah people harp on about analogue or hardware or whatever but a lot of them just don't see just how incredibly powerful some of the software is nowadays. That looks seriously good.
kdgh
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kdgh »

This looks and sounds great!

about the hardware : No matter how powerfull software is, sometimes you get better results with hands-on hardware instead of mouseclicking a plugin
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Phase Ghost »

hydrogen wrote:i wish i could get drumspillage but i'm now running osx and win7. :/
???

I have drumspillage working perfect on OS X. Are you having problems?
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I got dcam a few weeks ago and it's seriously good. This should have me covered for software instruments. Maybe i won't need any hardware? Although I like the idea of half in, have out the box, it really isn't good for a fast workflow. Ideally you want all in or out. I can't afford OTB so I'll have to use all this powerful software.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

tone-def wrote:I got dcam a few weeks ago and it's seriously good. This should have me covered for software instruments. Maybe i won't need any hardware? Although I like the idea of half in, have out the box, it really isn't good for a fast workflow. Ideally you want all in or out. I can't afford OTB so I'll have to use all this powerful software.
what is this ideal? sh!t man. stop that. use what you got.
Phase Ghost wrote:I have drumspillage working perfect on OS X. Are you having problems?
i guess i didn't t make sense... i'm switched to running windows 7 on my desktop. that is where i want drum spillage. ;)
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

hydrogen wrote:
tone-def wrote:I got dcam a few weeks ago and it's seriously good. This should have me covered for software instruments. Maybe i won't need any hardware? Although I like the idea of half in, have out the box, it really isn't good for a fast workflow. Ideally you want all in or out. I can't afford OTB so I'll have to use all this powerful software.
what is this ideal? sh!t man. stop that. use what you got.
having to record hardware into the computer then rerecord every time you want to change a few notes can be a pain in the ass. i liked the sound of my hardware but it really slowed down my workflow compared to working totally ITB. if you have a decent audio and MIDI interfaces with lots of in/out and a mixer you can get a speedy workflow with a hybrid set up. but recording everything in with 2 inputs is a nightmare.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

I know what you mean... But all of that is a limiting descision to me. People have made great tracks with way less. Could you imagine just recording straight to DAT? With No automation?