new audio interface, any suggestions?

- ask away
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: new audio interface, any suggestions?

Post by AK »

DJ Soundcard? I'm reading about its use as a production interface, ie: in terms of the midi, latency, sound quality and it's getting good reports wherever I seem to look. I wont be having anything today though as the 2 stores I just phoned don't have any of my choices in stock ( do they ever? )so I have a bit more time to look. On another note, I'm seriously thinking of maxing out and getting the monomachine I have been pondering on for months too. If I don't spend it on gear, it will go on beer and junk.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Dj interface in that it uses phono connections and was made for Traktor.

I think the quality of my audio 8 is great. But at this stage I wouldn't really produce through it unless I was working ITB.
Latency is great for DJing, but as long as it is about 14ms or less while I am producing I couldn't care less.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

AK wrote:DJ If I don't spend it on gear, it will go on beer and junk.
and we all know junk's not one of life's necessities... :lol:
shellbound
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by shellbound »

AK wrote:What about something like the Focusrite Scarlett 8i6? 8 in 6 out, it has midi in/out and is around £200
i just got one and i'm pretty happy with it. it replaced my TC Electronic Konnekt 24D. soundwise, i thought konnekt was a little crispier and sparklier in the higher frequency range. but that doesn't matter as much as the fact that Scarlett is just rock solid. i've had so many problems with konnekt. it's a great piece of hardware, but really shitty drivers. and crappy support from TC Electronic. i think i'm turned off for life on their products.

the only annoying thing about the Scarlett is that it doesn't have an on/off button, so you have to unplug the power chord if you want to turn it off. i don't know if they were trying to shave a few bucks off by not including it or what. but other than that, no complaints after a few months of usage.
5meohd
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by 5meohd »

Hey.. don't know if anyone suggested already but. for your budget I can't recomend strongly enough the new Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6.... this thing is ROCK SOLID.

I've never had an issue with it.. not one.

thats my vote.

only 'problem' is that it only has 4 analog i/o.. not enough for me so the only thing I'm looking at as an upgrade is the RME UCX........ and its at least 3 times the cost.