MFB Dominion X

- ask away
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

MFB Dominion X

Post by deccard »

http://tinyurl.com/78s4nwu
features look nice. i´m not really a fan of the mfb sound but maybe this thing can do something. on the other hand you already get a lil phatty for that price. also mfb build quality aint that good.
what i wonder is this:"The analogue oscillator circuit is processor-controlled for stable tuning." doesnt that mean its a DCO and not a VCO?
techno made me do it
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: MFB Dominion X

Post by oblioblioblio »

I've got a feeling that MFB licensed the new filter designed by Carsten Shipmann who also designed the Ebbe and Flut.

I've heard from a lot of people that Shipmann makes a fucking good filter.

Can't see any info about it related to this synth atm though.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I think DCO is a complicated subject and it's not a black or white issue. you can have digital oscillators where a traditional analogue oscillator saw wave scans thru a digital table of values, and most people talk highly about these oscillator designs. But I think some DCOs use much less analogue circuitry and sound more "digital".

I doubt that MFB would advertise VCOs without having a good reason to do so, especially with the price of the synth being high. It's probably that he's using a non traditional and advanced circuitry to provide more accurate temperature stability than traditional designs.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

this definitely has new schippmann filter inside...
deccard
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by deccard »

na there is no schippmann filter in it. that was cancelled. i think it´s the standard multi filter they build also into the new zwergs.
techno made me do it