Anybody up on computers? Some issues.

- ask away
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Re: Anybody up on computers? Some issues.

Post by Themis »

ya maybe, though it shouldnt, its only the design for the UI, even more if you use only programms for producing ..

i was only talking in a general sense, if this is a known bug to ableton better use aero.

UI resets to basic, can happen with all sorts of problems, they dont have to be of a graphical nature.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Thanks for the replies, I will check them out in detail tomorrow, bit drunk and stoned tonight but cheers! :D
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

Try this to pinpoint whether your UI freezing problems are to do with Aero being off:
Start Ableton as normal, so it goes to basic colour.
In the command menu bottom left, type Aero.
In the menu choose: Find and fix problems with transparency and other effects.
You should see 'Aero' so click on next.
It should search, troubleshoot and try to force start the Aero feature for you (By activating the desktop manager)
If it successfully switched Aero in while Live is still open, then use Live to see if it is still acting sluggish.
If it it is not acting sluggish then at least that it's due to the Aero feature being on.

You would then still need to find out why it is being deactivated in the first place.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Cool, I'll try that after. ( My head is pounding at the minute from too much last night, I need an easy morning )
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

eggnchips wrote:Try this to pinpoint whether your UI freezing problems are to do with Aero being off:
Start Ableton as normal, so it goes to basic colour.
In the command menu bottom left, type Aero.
In the menu choose: Find and fix problems with transparency and other effects.
You should see 'Aero' so click on next.
It should search, troubleshoot and try to force start the Aero feature for you (By activating the desktop manager)
If it successfully switched Aero in while Live is still open, then use Live to see if it is still acting sluggish.
If it it is not acting sluggish then at least that it's due to the Aero feature being on.

You would then still need to find out why it is being deactivated in the first place.
I can't get Live to do it now, by the way, it doesn't change to basic colour scheme 100% of the time, yet the issue with the freezing graphics thing is always there. Perhaps the 2 are not related. Man, I updated the drivers for the card yesterday and it's still there so it isn't a driver issue. I read that if the graphics card is working too hard, it can get hot and can display things like that. There's a tool which can underclock it but it only happens when I move an on-screen parameter. Really odd. :|
Rein
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Rein »

this kind of problems can also be triggered by faulty memory modules or a cpu that's overheating / damaged. check your cpu temperatures and try to run the pc with only one memory module. interchange between the modules to see if one's faulty...

also, to make the cpu more stable, try to under clock it via the bios. if you don't know how that works, you can look it up on the internet or the manual from your motherboard! my bet would be the cpu..
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

Never thought of that, not sure how to do it though so I'll google it and get back.
eggnchips
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eggnchips »

How about increasing your audio buffer?