::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Potential synth purchases. Would like some advice

Post by ::BLM:: »

Hades wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:
those samples are of my 2 year old. ;)

I used the soundcloud record app on my iphone to record her shouting at my dog then put it in the track.

I have no idea what myst is ;)

Either way though its a fantastic synth that can be picked up for less then £100. It does a range of sounds and im always using it on my music.

I just have never struggled with pad sounds. for me bass, is my main problem. I know what i want to create, but really struggle to get there. When I was using vsti's I was using the atmosphere for pads, which you mentioned earlier. Thats a fantastic vst really, all you ever need for pads is right there.
yes, if it's you're two year old, that explains. :)
funny thing is, I would have never thought it was an actual child I heard, I just figured it was something high pitched that was in there at a very low volume (will take a closer listen).

btw, the fact that it reminded me a bit of deepchord is probably because you used the ESQ-1. I've never played one in person, but I do believe these are rather noisy-synths, noisy as not in a bad way, but with a lot of "hiss" on their sounds, no ?
And deepchord uses a lot of white noise washes all over his tracks, doesn't he ?

yes, Atmosphere is great, but Omnisphere is like 20x better. Atmosphere was only a rompler. A fantastic rompler though, but Omnisphere is a full-blown synth + rompler with granular, FM, ringmod, waveshaper,... options, plus massive modulation possibilities.
It's no doubt the best sounding softsynth I ever heard.
I remember reading an interview once where even Carl Craig said the only synth he used almost straight out of the box, was omnisphere, simply cause it just sounded so good.

yeah if you listen closey you can hear her saying 'mowgli no' as my dog was trying to steal her food. i often do things like this as its just another level of noise/sound that adds something so small most people wont notice but for the few that do its worth it.

Cool I shall check out omnisphere. I remember looking before, but couldnt find a demo im sure.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

Hades wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myst

apparantly, he used a EMU proteus for the soundtrack.
and hearing it play now on Amazon, it sounds rather outdated :lol:
a bit too much new-age like to my taste.
oh well, back in the day it was great fun.
so was carmageddon, or double dragon, or...
Carmageddon! I used to love that! Cunning Stunt lollololl
Game with atmosphere, Abe's oddessy is pretty hard to beat.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

I remember carmageddon. great game.

back onto synths... i just bought a waldorf pulse. was pretty cheap so if im not into it, i can sell it and get my money back.

any of you guys have one?

its been posted today, so hopefully get it tomorrow.
lem
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by lem »

I know AK has got one...
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

a pulse was on my list for ages, but I eventually figured it would irritate me to use the menu's all the time...
If you have one, please, by all means, make a proper demo for it and post it somewhere, so I can still change my mind if needed :)
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Hades wrote:a pulse was on my list for ages, but I eventually figured it would irritate me to use the menu's all the time...
If you have one, please, by all means, make a proper demo for it and post it somewhere, so I can still change my mind if needed :)

yeah the interface was a big one for me, but i am just going to download software and see how i get on with that.