Soundcraf Spirit Powerstation Transistor mixing console

- ask away
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Soundcraf Spirit Powerstation Transistor mixing console

Post by Hades »

optX wrote:midas : a friend is doing a lot of live mixing with it, he loves it. For that money range I`ve read a lot of good words about that desk

hades : hehe yeah absolutely, but thank god they`re changed against Solo 6 now ;)
sometimes size isn't everything you know.
you could have had great monitors that were still of a small size. (opals for instance)
it's just that in comparison to the mixer, yeah, that's a funny sight.

yeah, I love my twin6's here too. ;)
every time I did a series of nightshifts and I'm enjoying a few days off and switch everything back on in the studio,
I'm amazed again at how great they sound.
and I've had them for well over 6 months now.

btw : anyone know where to get a proper heavy duty table for a big mixer ?
problem is it should be able to be at least 1m high, preferably 1,10m (racks underneath that go up to 1m)
and I'd prefer it if it could take 50kilo's.
The midas is only 45kilo's or something, but I'm sure I'll put other stuff around it at some point.
You'd think finding tables is easy, but it turns out it's not if they need to be high enough and strong enough.
It's pretty much the only thing that's keeping me from ordering my midas right now.
I guess I'll end up making my own table, but even then it's hard enough to find table legs that go up high enough. :?
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

i only have the space for the venices 160's and although im sure they are fantastic the price is just way out of my reach for something with not many channels.
Hades
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hades »

::BLM:: wrote:i only have the space for the venices 160's and although im sure they are fantastic the price is just way out of my reach for something with not many channels.
yeah if you'd get a 160, they seem pricey.
the bang for the back-factor gets better once you take bigger models obviously...

to be honest, I was considering a toft mixer as well,
but those are way too expensive for the amount of channels you get.