New mac - what spec

- ask away
Phase Ghost
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: New mac - what spec

Post by Phase Ghost »

i7's blow core 2 duo's out of the water. Do some googling for benchmarks and what not. Don't let the processor speed fool you.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

The mini server is about the same power as a 2008 8 core mac pro. It's amazing!
When it comes to software synths the more cores the better. The i7's have hyper threading so 4 cores actually show up as 8 in logic. I did one of the logic benchmarks and I got 90 tracks of exs24 with space designer and some other stuff, I'll have to check when I get home. Anyway reverbs are usually hard work for computers but I had 90 of them! I won't have to worry about CPU ever again :)

If your using large sample instruments like konrakt fill it up with ram. Don't buy it from apple thought, its a lot cheaper to do it yourself.
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by lostinmusiq »

i bought the mac mini (2,7 GHz Intel Core i7 / 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3) a few weeks ago and i´m very happy with it ...
first i was thinking about the mac mini server but at the end it was a too expensive for me :)

i like the upgrade features - highly recommended
rcnt
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rcnt »

wow guys thanks for info, I'll definitely check some benchmarks, but with these infos that you gave me I think MacMini will do job!!
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

tone-def wrote:The mini server is about the same power as a 2008 8 core mac pro. It's amazing!
When it comes to software synths the more cores the better. The i7's have hyper threading so 4 cores actually show up as 8 in logic. I did one of the logic benchmarks and I got 90 tracks of exs24 with space designer and some other stuff, I'll have to check when I get home. Anyway reverbs are usually hard work for computers but I had 90 of them! I won't have to worry about CPU ever again :)

If your using large sample instruments like konrakt fill it up with ram. Don't buy it from apple thought, its a lot cheaper to do it yourself.
Seriously? I need a new computer as mine can only handle a few :lol: